1,693 results
All reviews honey restaurant rooftop bar inner sanctum brass bar welcome cocktail fur throw afternoon tea private members quirky touches mini bar king street quirky hotel turn down service top floor amazing hotel on arrival birthday treat
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed a 1 night stay at this hotel, the staff from walking through the main entrance was professional and a credit to the hotel. The theme throughout the hotel is brilliant and I would recommend anyone to try it. Also did afternoon tea in the restaurant and it was delicious and well presented.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Dear Daps32,

We really appreciate this 5 star review.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and afternoon tea here at Gotham so much.

I look forward to you returning to join us again.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

We recently stayed at the Gotham hotel in Manchester. WeI have nothing but positives to feedback. It is so unusual and quirky, it is like stepping back in time, right to the concierge wearing a bowler hat. The rooms are beautifully decorated and impeccably clean. The staff could not have been more delightful and helpful, nothing was too much trouble, We loved it! Breakfast in the morning was lovely and the view looking out over the skyline of Manchester’s amazing building was beutiful.

My only negative is that you have to go up to the sixth floor to check in then down to your room. More of a pain when you are checking out. I think this is to do though with space though rather than a design fail.

If you are looking for a hotel in Manchester than oozes opulence then Gotham is the one.

We only stayed a night but it was well worth the money. Thank you Gotham.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Marie M,

Thank you for this very kind review.

We really do appreciate your comments and I am very grateful you enjoyed your visit here at Gotham so much.

I hope you will visit us again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

our recent visit to the Gotham hotel proved to be a unique experience.We have stayed in hotels around the world, and found the Gotham to be a fabulous find.The staff were consistently excellent in all disciplines. The room was beyond reproach in décor, accessories and comfort. Our stay was such a success we have rebooked to return in February and really look forward to our return.

Room Tip: speak to the staff
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pdskendal
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Dear pdskendal,

Thank you so much for this very kind review. We really appreciate your comments, particularly the high praise for our team here at Gotham.

I very much look forward to your return visit in February, and hope i get a chance to greet you in person.

warm regards

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I decided for our 7th wedding anniversary to surprise my wife. I booked for us to have afternoon tea at the Honey restaurant at Hotel Gotham and it did not disappoint. I emailed ahead as well, enquiring after a window seat after reading some reviews. The window seats offer a view from the oval windows out across Manchester from the 6th floor where the restaurant is located. Hotel Gotham is a 1920's art deco style hotel and it lives up to this - a bell hop with a curly moustache greets you and welcomes you to the hotel, giving you directions to where you're going. On arrival to the 6th floor, every detail is perfect, and sets the scene wonderfully.

We were initially seated in a non-window seat and asked if we'd like champagne or prosecco with our afternoon tea, to which we chose champagne. I got up under the pretence to go to the toilets (which were also well themed!) And asked on the way whether the unoccupied window table was reserved. I was told it had been requested, so I mentioned that may well have been by me, for our anniversary. On my return to the table my wife was being moves to the window table and when we were served our champagne I was informed it was on the house for our anniversary, possibly as an apology for not seating us correctly originally.

The service was exceptional for the main part - waiters and table staff very helpful and attentive. I did have to ask for refills on our tea pots (there's a lovely choice) and for our bill. Whether this was due to where we were seating being not often passed by staff to notice where we'd got to in our afternoon tea I'm not sure, but for the high quality of food/service otherwise, I was a little disappointed to have to ask for these things.

The afternoon tea itself was beautifully displayed, consisting of a number of pastries and treats, sandwiches, and fruit/plain scones and arrived promptly. The food others had that was from the a la carte menu also looked beautiful and of a standard I'd expect here.

Overall I was impressed and so was my wife. We'd happily go back, and it's somewhere I'd be looking to go in the future for a special meal or weekend/night away. A lovely place to dress up for an occasion and celebrate, and we shall do so again without a doubt. Thank you Hotel Gotham!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at Hotel Gotham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear jonireson,

Thank you for your very kind review of your recent visit here at Gotham.

I am so glad we were able to make such a special occasion so memorable for you and your partner.

I would like to add my own congratulations on the occasion, and I look forward to your return visit with us.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Great place if your having a night out (or weekend). Great bar (must have the dry martini-shaken not stirred of course). Room well appointed-great coffee maker. Breakfast is great too. One of my favourite hotels in Manchester. Just make sure you put enough money in the meter if you park on the street.

Room Tip: High up get great view of city
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for this very kind review.

'Decadence' is precisely the feel we aim for, so I really do appreciate that this comes across to yourself. I'm sure a certain Mr Bond would appreciate your recommendation for a drink too.

I do hope we will see you again soon and look forward to welcoming you back to Gotham.