“Pre Theatre Meal”

Fumo
Ranked #504 of 2,499 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From the award winning San Carlo Restaurants, Fumo restaurant and bar serves authentic regional Italian dishes sized to share or eat alone. Eat inside in stylish, contemporary surroundings or go alfresco on the terrace. A stunning marble feature bar serves the best cocktails in the city. Enjoy Fumo's late lounge vibe Every Friday and Saturday evening from 9pm when DJ's and musicians play a chilled mediterranean soundtrack to ease you into the weekend. Upstairs you'll find a separate event space with its own bar, perfect for functions or celebrations.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a lovely meal and especially pleased with the gluten free menu as my husband is coeliac ( even had gluten free Peroni)
All in all - lovely food, good wine and beer.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was my first visit to Fumo as part of a group of 14 people, all couples. There should have been 20 of us but some people were unable to attend so the staff quickly and efficiently rearranged the seating plan.
We chose the ‘tapas’ style menu leaving the choice of food to the staff. We were not disappointed with the extensive range of meals all of which were superbly prepared and very tasty. The staff were attentive throughout the night and the service in every respect was excellent. The ambience was very good with a DJ playing very low level but appropriate music.
We definitely plan to return.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am really upset at the fact that I ordered a non alcoholic mojito drink which I specifically asked for at the table. Both me and my accompanying friend ordered two different non alcoholic drinks. Her drink came at once while mine I had to ask for twice. When it finally arrived and I took a sip it had alcohol in it. It was quite obvious there was alcohol drink and as I have tasted your specific mojito before I know exactly the taste. My friend also drank this to confirm and it was so that it had been mixed with alcohol. The first waiter told me it has been mixed up with another persons order then the manager came up to me and apologised and asked what happened he took it away then came back to deny it was alcoholic! And was adamant that it was non alcoholic . The when the non alcoholic drink was brought we tasted it to check and this was definitely the normal drink we usually get. I was very upset and didn’t think I could raise my concern as on both occasions I made the manager aware and his response was it had no alcohol in it at all !!that i was mistaken. Once we got to the end till we were given the receipt and we paid upon leaving the premises I noticed I had been charged 8.00 which was the exact charge for the alcoholic version of mojito as the one we ordered should have been around £4. So I returned and I got my money back less the alcohol charge and was given my tip back

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had a rather fabulous evening, pre theatre. Delicious food, great staff and a busy vibe. Especially recommend the fish stew, as it was quite simply divine. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Went for a weeknight dinner during the March offer. Service was good, our waiter was really friendly and helpful and the food was decent but far from the best Italian food we've had in Manchester. The atmosphere is an odd one - the restaurant is quite small so the tables are packed closely together, so much so you can hear other tables' conversations clearly and it's very loud - the bar is quite popular so bear this in mind if you want a quiet evening as it's very hard to hear yourself speak. Not worth paying full price.