“Perfect dinner ”

Price range: USD 33 - USD 59
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The River Restaurant & Bar at Manchester's award-winning Lowry Hotel, is situated on the banks of the River Irwell in the heart of the city. Executive Head Chef Andrew Green and his team have developed a new grill style menu, utilising a Josper Grill, the hottest grill in the market place, the menu offers not only beef but also a wide range of chicken, fish and shellfish. The team have sourced some of the best produce available including beef sourced from the Duke of Buccleuch Estates, chicken from Goosenargh, Sea Bass from Anglelsey and lobster caught in Usan. Key dishes include Inverawe smoked salmon, grilled asparagus with lemon mayonnaise. Our grill items include a full range of steaks from a 275g Flat Iron up to a 550g Chateaubriand for two, Usan lobster, Angelesy sea bass and lemon sole are highlights amongst the fish dishes The stunning views, chic decor and delicious food make the River Restaurant & Bar a must-try dining destination - whatever the occasion.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We eat here often for Sunday lunch but after purchasing Manchester Confidential vouchers we decided to try their a la Carte menu and what a treat it was! Perfect service as always first and foremost, and the food was delicious. I had the cheese soufflé to start, and my partner had crab mac and cheese - both fabulous. Then we shared the AMAZING beef wellington. What a treat that was! I had the apple crumble for dessert and he had the treacle sponge, both fine but not in the amazing league of the beef. What a special treat of a meal it was! Thankyou!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I had moved the date because of ongoing cancer treatment but the weather was good and my local surgery had had assited me with superb anti sickness and pain killers. we set out together and found the lowry easily from Salford central station. We were informed that we could not eat out on the terrace because it was not for afternoon tea, so we ate inside. It started to go wrong, when the waiter called my husband a lady, and did not notice him at all, untill I pointed it out.
The teas were good, but I had to ask for additional water. I requested cold water as well, but they did not want to serve this. The bread was quite hard on the sandwiches and the cakes were falling off the cake bottoms. We were not informed what anything was on the selection, and had to try ourselves, this is fine, but I couldn't understand why other waiters went through the items with the party.
When we finished, we took out our drinks onto the terrace. But then we were both so surprised when they served full afternoon tea to the people next to us with no question. I am very disappointed with the whole experience

1  Thank drnicolajs
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went for our Anniversary lunch and cannot fault the service or food both were exceptional.
Daniel was our waiter for the meal and he was very attentive and nothing was too much trouble.
Thank you to everyone for making out celebration so special.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was taken, by my daughter, for afternoon tea. When we got there, the booking had been mixed up and they were not expecting us. But they made quite heavy work of doing this and made us feel a bit uncomfortable.
After we ordered drinks, no one came to take our food order, but when they did they were very kind and friendly.
The scones were delicious, but the cream and jam did not come with serving spoons, and no cake forks!!!!!
The sandwiches were lovely and the staff, especially Tomas, were delightful.
However the restaurant could do with a little tweak before I would award it 5/5.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I dined at the restaurant tonight, and despite dining on a special offer voucher, were treated to the best service we have experienced anywhere in the last ten years. Daniel and the team were lovely, polite and attentive. The cocktails and 6 dishes we tried were all prepared perfectly too. You couldn't ask for more!