“25th Wedding Anniversary celebration”

The Lime Tree Restaurant Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #100 of 2,568 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 32 - USD 63
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Multi award winning modern British family run restaurant with an emphasis on local cuisine and market fresh quality produce. A specialist menu is provided by our own farm in The Peak District. The setting is relaxed and informal.
Reviewed 11 November 2018

I booked The Lime Tree for a celebratory meal with my family and close friends, and chose the early menu on Saturday 10th November. The food and service was excellent. It was my family's first time at the restaurant , and they each thought it was beautiful. Thank you for helping make our anniversary celebration a success.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank gedparnell

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Came here spontaneously for lunch.
Service fabulous, got taken care of wonderfully by the lovely Leila. Food absolutely delicious.... the kind of food you remember weeks or months later and you can still taste and remember... probably the best focaccia I’ve ever had... so moist and plump and yummy!!!! I’ll definitely be returning. Thank you so much :)

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank jpC8771EX
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Having had to find out by chance that Manchester House had closed and that a long standing booking was no longer possible, one of our group scrabbled around for a suitable place and that's how we ended up in The Lime Tree in West Didsbury.

But happy, happy. Wholesome portions of tasty, well seasoned food was our lot.

For myself, a share of a bread portion with fabulous tapenade and olives portented well to come (bread would be better warmed). A mackeral starter was bursting with flavour, a well cooked (but thankfully not well done) sirloin steak and a creme brulee finished. Friends had pigeon, pear and stilton salad, duck, lamb and halibut. All were very satisfied. Good wine list and a delicious Trentham dessert wine to finish.

The meal wasn't particularly gimmicky in the current fine dining vernacular but it was an honest, enjoyable meal. Service was good. If you can, avoid the table just inside the dining room door to the left as danger of chair being clipped by staff in and out to kitchen.

1  Thank twofishnocat
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We dined here with friends and the whole experience was absolutely awful. On arrival we ordered drinks only for the waitress to pour a full pint all over my wife's clothes and handbag. The manager threw some dirty cloths from the kitchen at her and walked away serving other customers. The food was poor and the rest of the evening was ruined. The manager didn't want to know and we left feeling very angry and upset. I emailed the restaurant a few days later explaining to the owner what had happened and how my handbag was stained and I had to then justify the cost of my handbag, (which was in fact ruined) and was asked to supply receipts and bank statements to prove the cost of the handbag! Once supplied they didn't want to know and ignored my further emails. The management and staff at this restaurant are an embarrasment and the food is very disappointing. I would save your time and money.

4  Thank DannyM398
Reviewed 15 October 2018

The Lime Tree is my 'go to' restaurant for Sunday lunch (and other occasions) and it is always good, but today the food was outstanding. I had mackerel with an oriental sauce to start - it was absolutely delicious and the mackerel was cooked perfectly. This was followed by the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding; the beef was pink and tender, but it was the yorkshire pudding that was better than usual - cooked through and nicely browned but still soft and doughy - lovely, lovely, lovely, served with the usual interesting medley of vegetables. My only criticism is reserved for the roast potatoes which weren't great. However, we were back on track with the pudding - I chose the lemon posset - light, tangy and creamy - fabulous. We had a very nice bottle of rioja and several hours passed very pleasantly - my friend had never been to the Lime Tree for Sunday lunch before and she loved it too! Service was friendly and professional but felt a little understaffed when restaurant was very busy.

2  Thank AnitaT947