“Really like this place”

Ranked #926 of 2,528 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 7 - USD 13
Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We have been using this bar for years and it really is a good place. It is handy for the academy if you fancy a couple of beers before the gig but it stands on its own as a pub as well.

It has big gardens both front and rear with the one at the back being quieter as it is away from the road. Inside, there is a nice atmosphere and I have a great range of drinks. I've always found the service to be really friendly and this must be the best pub in the area.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for our work end of term do, as we have fur years. Great spaces indoors and out, with a large variety of drinks and reasonably priced food on offer. Handy Oxford Road location. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Well worn and opposite student union this popular venue provides a surprising range of ales, gins and other drinks. Food on offer. A little worn, funky, seating outside, provides breakfast to evening meals. Prices OK, more student seen than 50 something venue.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Nice chilled atmosphere, plenty of seating at the back, student-y feel.

The vegetarian breakfast includes vegan sausages, so we ordered it without the egg and had extra mushrooms added instead.

Everything was tasty, service was quick and friendly, and it wasn't too pricey.

Would definitely pop in for a relaxed breakfast again.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I was responsible to book a room for brunch for around 20 people, as part of a professional meeting. I phoned them a month before the even and made a booking. I then went there to make sure everything was okay with the reservation and chance the time slightly. They assured me that I did not have to check on them again.

When we got there on the day of the event, the room had been booked for another group. They failed to email or call me, although they had my contact details. Furthermore, I complained about this on the day and I was not taken seriously. They did not even check the reservations and just told me 'That's what they told me to do', and were of no help at all.

We found space in another room, but this made me look so bad and was very unprofessional from their behalf.