“Student hang out”

Ranked #1,071 of 2,369 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 7 - USD 13
Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Well worn and opposite student union this popular venue provides a surprising range of ales, gins and other drinks. Food on offer. A little worn, funky, seating outside, provides breakfast to evening meals. Prices OK, more student seen than 50 something venue.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Nice chilled atmosphere, plenty of seating at the back, student-y feel.

The vegetarian breakfast includes vegan sausages, so we ordered it without the egg and had extra mushrooms added instead.

Everything was tasty, service was quick and friendly, and it wasn't too pricey.

Would definitely pop in for a relaxed breakfast again.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I was responsible to book a room for brunch for around 20 people, as part of a professional meeting. I phoned them a month before the even and made a booking. I then went there to make sure everything was okay with the reservation and chance the time slightly. They assured me that I did not have to check on them again.

When we got there on the day of the event, the room had been booked for another group. They failed to email or call me, although they had my contact details. Furthermore, I complained about this on the day and I was not taken seriously. They did not even check the reservations and just told me 'That's what they told me to do', and were of no help at all.

We found space in another room, but this made me look so bad and was very unprofessional from their behalf.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I went here the other week with a mate whilst we worked at uni. Despite having been here for a drink before we had never been for food, we were not disappointed!

I had the Danish sausages dish - which came with fried potatoes and a light salad with a dressing. We also had coffees which, in my opinion the best on campus.

We didn't have any beer but i have never been disappointed by the choice or the quality.

We will be back soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Kro Bar is a mostly student hub where you can go for a drink or some food, not too expensive although it could be cheaper! Chilled vibes :)