“Average Food, terrible service”
Review of El Capo

El Capo
Ranked #290 of 2,462 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here with work colleagues a group of 9 in total.

Upon arrival we were greeted quickly and shown to our table. Drinks order was taken in about 5 mins but then took close to 20 mins to get them.

We pre ordered food which came however one meal was missed off leaving one colleague to wait, when he recieved his food the main party were close to finishing their meals.

Food was average, i have had much better meals in other resturants.

When it came to paying for the bill it took 10 mins for them to take payment.

Dissapointed.

This may have been an off night for the team but I can only review on my experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We called in on a busy night with no reservation but were found seats and told we might have a wait! As it was our server took our orders promptly and was very helpful in explaining the menu. There was a bit of a wait but the place has a great vibe to sit and drink. We started with nachos which were great, lots of cheese, chilli beef and refried beans and guacamole on the side. My husband had the messi cow steak which was perfectly cooked and fantastic value. I had a burrito filled with pork shoulder. As someone who rarely eats Mexican I loved it. I would happily visit again, great food and great value.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was the first time I had eaten at El Capo, having only been in for drinks before.
The service was a little slow, taking into account how busy it was and I expected the food to be a bit spicier than it was. Overall though was very good and reasonable value.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I won’t lie I used to be a huge fan of this place. Although the food is only 3/5 it’s more about the vibe and the atmosphere. I come quite regularly and have been since I moved here in September last year. I used to really enjoy it and the staff always chat to me as I come often, I never catch/ caught their names but one has mouse brown hair (could of been very dark blonde given the lighting and one has black hair a tattoos. Both are always very welcoming and friendly but recently I haven’t seen these members of staff in and the new people are very rude. I visited last night (23rd March) and last also last weekend (st Patrick’s day) and they were the worst experiences to date. The bar staff have always been hit and miss but the table service staff were the selling point (true I had a crush on them but we are all human) the new people don’t seem to know what they are doing and the speed has gone downhill. Used to bring all my friends from uni and I think now I’ll say don’t bother. Place could be turned around again with the correct staff but for now I think I’ll avoid it as waste of money and time.

2  Thank marcwithak
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely lovely Mexican food, so cheap for the money spent. Will definitely be returning very soon