“Delightful”

Ranked #64 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Miami, FL
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

My lady friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. The location is excellent, within walking distance of many places of interest. Our room was spacious, the bed was large and comfortable. Breakfast was included in our rate, and it was more than adequate. The manager of the dining room was extremely professional and she took a personal interest in assuring her guests' satisfaction.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view of Piccadilly Gardens.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Guest

It goes without saying that I was thrilled to see your headline title for your review as ‘Delightful’ and also to see the conclusion of your review, commenting that you would highly recommend us. Such feedback is very much appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Many thanks once again and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

David Daly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly this week on business. I was booked into a double room on the 10th Floor.

Their website says "Relax on comfortable Hypnos bed." Although I had booked a double, it was actually two single beds pushed together with a sheet covering them, so there wasn't even a double mattress: it was just sleeping in a single bed with an unused one next to me.

Their website says the room services include "Wi-Fi in your room". No they don't: WiFi is available in the common areas on the 3rd floor but not in your room. The only in-room Internet access was very expensive wired, so no use for mobile devices.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I was sorry to hear that you felt misled by our Website.

From your feedback, it would appear that you were allocated a zip and link bedroom. This type of bedroom gives us the capability to utilise these rooms as either a twin or double dependant on room type requirements in line with business needs. I am sorry that you were unhappy with this room type. Not all our bedrooms have this facility and therefore if you were to visit us again, please drop me a note and I’d be delighted to ensure that this room type was not allocated to you again.

As you have mentioned, we currently offer free WIFI in our Restaurant/Lounge area, as well as public areas. Going forward, I am delighted to report that are in the process of finalising an upgrade, that will result in free WIFI being available in our bedrooms too.

Thank you for your review and I hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back.

David Daly

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Had tickets to see the group Tennis at the Soup Kitchen. Booked to stay over in the Mercure
Hotel, after checking out many hotels on internet! So very happy with our choice, all of the staff were very welcoming nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spotless, there was plenty of choice for breakfast, fresh fruit salad, full english, cereal, yoghurt whatever you wanted.The dining room overlooked Piccadilly Gardens! Location - few minutes from Piccadilly train station and all the major shops and to our delight less than 10mins from the Soup Kitchen!
A big thankyou to all the staff at the Mercure Hotel, Manchester who made our trip PERFECT FROM START TO FINISH!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read your fantastic review following your stay with us. To hear that your trip was ‘perfect from start to finish’ was a thrill to read and it will give me great pleasure to share your kind words with the whole time.

Such feedback is greatly appreciated and I thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post such a positive review.

I do hope that on a future visit to Manchester, we will be your first choice hotel and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

My partner booked this last minute on the day and we had a great time. Good welcome and service . Friendly staff. The hotel has recently undergone a refurbishment and is well worth a visit. Our executive room far exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. Evening meal while well cooked just needed tweaking to make it that bit more special. Good choice of wines and reasonably priced . On the downside no cocktail list as yet but that is in hand but staff willing to make whatever you asked for. Well placed for all amenities in city centre Manchester with great view over Piccadilly Gardens. We are going back this weekend with friends to try the afternoon tea so watch this space. We would definately recommend this hotel and will be returning to stay ...

Room Tip: Executive room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a positive review of our Hotel following your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had such a great time, that you would be returning with friends, and I do hope that you will drop into the Brasserie Restaurant and enjoy afternoon tea.

We have just welcomed Shan, our new Food & Beverage Manager, to the team and I know he's working on a new cocktail menu but if a guest does have a favourite cocktail, then they must feel free to ask the Bar team, who I know will be more than happy to make one for them.

Thanks once again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Whilst the mercure is a nice hotel and is in a great location I would not want to spend longer than 1 night here as a lone traveller, Checkin and out was flawless, however the phone didn't work in my room and maintenance leave at 5.30 leaving me without a phone for the night, choices on TV and reception are worse than poor and there is no in room wifi, that said the good was great, aside when they brought.me coffee and not tea, its not a bad hotel there is just better for the money

• Stayed May 2012
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear Guest

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience of the Hotel.

I can fully appreciate when travelling alone, that the amenities offered within a bedroom can be of great importance. I was therefore sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the TV channel offering and that free WIFI was not available your bedroom. Free WIFI is currently available in our Restaurant/Lounge Bar area, as well as public areas, and I am delighted to report that going forward we are due to roll out free WIFI within our bedrooms too. My apologies that your phone wasn’t working at the time of your stay.

Thank you for your candid feedback and I do hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back.