“Good 4*”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have stayed here twice (along with all the other 4 and 5* star hotels in Manchester). It's a lovely hotel, decent room size and one of the best locations. The spa is also good, rooms are nice.
Service at the restaurant was shocking, forgot our order, brought us some drinks to say sorry 45 minutes after the realised. Never once cleared empty glasses from the table - with 4 people over 3 hours we could hardly move for dirty glasses on the table! Food that eventually arrived was average. They had a duck salad starter with plum sauce and a duck main with orange. I was brought the duck salad with plum, even though I had ordered the Main course dish with orange. When I pointed it out the waiter, he looked completely confused, as if he had no idea about the difference between starter and main. I was too hungry to argue that one, so I ate the tiny portion.
The room is a good size, nice decor. Upgrade on the day to Club floor room is only £50, not sure it's worth it as snacks are very small, you do get free drinks of premium brands.
Overall it's a good 4*, avoid the restaurant and head out to town from the great location!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am pleased to learn that on the whole that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your guest room, our Spa, amenities and location.

However, I am sorry that your experience in Podium restaurant was not to your liking. I am very sorry, however due to the time that has lapsed since your stay with us in July 2011; I am unable to identify the relevant team members to discuss your feedback with.

Should you give us the opportunity and dine with us again, I am confident that you will have a very positive experience.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times and would always stay here whilst in Manchester, its central and located near shops plenty place to eat etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a high flood great views
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review on line following your stay with us.

Thank you for staying with us on your visit to Manchester and I am delighted to read that you will always stay with us when visiting Manchester.

Our location is great for our guests to visit all that Manchester City has to offer.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Nice modern hotel in a good location.Good size room with very comfortable beds.
The spa facilities were good as was the breakfast.
The only niggle I have was parking, £16.46 to park at the adjacent NCP and that was with the hotel's discount.

Room Tip: Park at the euro parking site on your left as you approach the hotel ,only £11 for 24 hours
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you choose to stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities throughout your stay.

We are very fortunate to be ideally located within the city and it is great to know that are position suited your needs for this visit.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

In a great location with parking nearby which cost us £10 for 24 hours. From check-in to check-out we had no problems. Rooms are great and of a high standard, great Indian just across the road on Liverpool Road (Akbars), bars up the road on Deansgate, close to centre for shopping. Our room even had a view over Granada tv in the distance and almost sure the row of chimneys we saw was from Coronation Street. All in all - a great stay with all the facilities you would expect of a hotel this of this standard

Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities, service, location and team members to be excellent.

I certainly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

From the moment I arrived to the moment I left I loved this place! I stayed here on a business trip to Manchester and will now book this hotel for future trips (where possible) as I thought it was a great hotel.
Location is clearly very central, staff as always professional and friendly. The room was excelent, large, bright and airy with all the amenitiies. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room and bathroom very clean. Breakfast was standard buffett, fresh and replinished constantly.
So in summary I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have great views so try and get above the 10th floor!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your stay with us.

My team and I were more then happy to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and that you enjoyed the service and the facilities that the hotel had to offer.

I am pleased that like a lot of our other guests, you found our location to be suitable for your needs and that you had a good nights sleep in our comfortable beds and enjoyed a good breakfast prior to your departure.

We too look forward to your next visit.