“Not the best!”
Review of The Archer

The Archer
Ranked #26 of 226 Nightlife in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: The Archer is very much a family run business headed up by Mark Bayley and his wife Nia. Mark is opening The Archer after working in and running other sites for the past 17 years. Nia will be looking after the team, training and all the fun parts of the business such as setting up events. Mark’s brother in law Tom, will be the assistant manager. Mark’s parents Chris and Lesley will he helping look after all the lovely beer wine and spirits ensuring that everything is in tip top condition ready for your enjoyment.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So I went to the archer with a few friends I order some chicken wings,as the waitress was bringing my chicken wings out she dropped one right in front of me,
The waitress did not even mention it to me just picked it up and threw it in the bin no mention of replacing or even a sorry.

The atmosphere is not to bad it’s a friendly pub but the price is over the top especially for the food also the quality and taste does not correspond with the amount you pay for it in comparison to other restaurants I probably won’t be rushing back anytime soon.

1  Thank Martin T
All reviews
"sunday lunch"
"welsh rarebit"
"veggie menu"
"chunky chips"
"lamb shank"
in 2 reviews
"friendly and efficient staff"
"kids menu"
"mains"
"waitress"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

5/4/2018
Just got back from a beautiful meal at the Archer.
This was the first time we had visited the Archer but had good feedback from my friends who had been.
On arrival we where greeted with smiles by two lovely girls.
We where shown to our seats and given our menu.
We chose from the two course menu £10.95.
The food was delicious and our waitress couldn’t do enough for us,I asked if they did onion rings which wasn’t on the menu and the chef kindly made us some.
The cheesecake on the special menu was unavailable so we where able to chose the desert of our choice from the main menu they even let my mum have some cheese and crackers which wasn’t one of the deserts,so kind.
We all couldn’t fault the delicious food and the very kind and considerate staff & chef.
We will definitely be returning to the Archer in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Nice welcome..friendly staff and great menu..waitress immediately advised that one dessert not available... great to know before ordering

Good portions and Eton Mess excellent

Spotlessly clean toilets

Wish them all the best...

Worth the trip from South Manchester

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We reserved a table for 6 to celebrate Mother’s Day (a day early)
We ordered our drinks including a gin made with ginger which my daughter boyfriend loved,so much he had another!
The food was amazing, we had; fish and chips, two steaks (best they ever had) and lamb shank the meat fell off bone, and beef in ale with mash
And the puddings weret fab I had apple with salted caramel crumble and custard then there was also cookies with cream
Everything was fantastic although we did wait a little in between courses but our server explained they were 2 members of staff down so we forgave them
The best place to eat for miles around
Just make sure you ring and book a table at the weekend