“Game on”

Etihad Stadium
Ranked #7 of 198 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and visit the home of the Manchester City Football Club and explore the heritage through the unique memorabilia and interactive displays, reliving the greatest moments and discovering what makes City the Club that it is today. Take in the view of the Etihad from the Tunnel Club seating area and visit one of the Club's superb hospitality areas. Take your seat in the press room, sit behind the press desk and through your own eyes, experience the feelings and emotions Pep Guardiola and the first team players feel when conducting a press conference. Get warmed up in the players warm up room and then venture into the inner sanctum of the dressing room. Sit in your favourite player’s seat before heading to tunnel. Stand in the tunnel and experience the roar of 55,000 supporters, then walk pitch side and take in the panoramic view of the Etihad Stadium. Sit in Pep Guardiola’s seat in the dugout and feel the big match excitement.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the city v Tottenham game not too sure what to expect as I support neither team but my eldest as a Spurs supporter asked me to go with him. I have to say I was very impressed with the stadium and its facilities. Parking locally is fine, plenty of options with only a short walk. Do not do what I did and try and use the team coach entrance as I ended up blocking off the City coach, although Spurs could have used some of that during the game. The away entrance is well segregated and policed or stewarded with good humour. The serving points inside where well staffed with cheery people and we didn’t really have to queue. It’s a very impressive stadium inside and out with a good closeness to the pitch in the lower tier. A good experience and enjoyed the game even though my lad didn’t as Spurs were dominated by a far superior City team. But for me watching City in the flesh was awesome, TV really does not give that team the full credit they deserve as you obviously see so much more when it’s live. Anyway, it’s not a football review so I won’t go on. One word of advice for travelling fans - if you want a beer better to drink in Piccadilly and get a 10 min bus or taxi to the ground, or have A beer inside. I gather there is a pub nearby for visiting fans but it’s not so close unlike Anfield for example where it’s literally on the doorstep. But I guess that’s modern football stadia, built out of town and just away from long standing facilities. Anyway go and enjoy it.

1  Thank glenjohnstone2
Write a ReviewReviews (3,863)
All reviews
in 162 reviews
"stone roses"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I took our great grandson today. As lifelong City fans we found it to be a very informative and rewarding experience. Martin our guide was very helpful. My wife has mobility problems but she was extremely well catered for . We would recommend this tour to anybody.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have supported City for over 40 tears. I knew a lot about City, but this visit, thanks to Ian, allowed me to gain further City knowledge especially about the 70s which is when my support began. The club has changed so much since my last tour. so this updated my knowledge about the "bricks and mortar" City.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutley appalled by this tour. My partner and I visited during our trip to Manchester even though we support a different team. The tour guide knew this and belittled us for the entire tour and made rude remarks about the team we support and others. Extremely disappointed and would never recommend anyone to do the tour, it is not worth the money and left feeling extremely offended. Everyone, regardless of what team they support should be treated with respect as they are paying to enjoy themselves, the stadium does not deserve the money.

3  Thank ljane20
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Myself and my 13 year old daughter did the stadium tour today. We live local and go to every game but it has been a few years since we last did a tour and there have been many changes and new additions we were keen to see. The tour was fantastic, the facilities are amazing to see and the new addition of the tunnel club is brilliant, nice to see how the other half watch football. The tour was definitely made better by our brilliant guide, Graham. His knowledge was fantastic, he had such a lovely manner about him and was so interesting. His passion for the club and his job was evident, he most definitely added to the overall experience. Such a fantastic couple of hours with some great facts and stories thrown in, great value for money, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank LOUISE M