“Quality assured!”

Ranked #384 of 2,468 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 12 - USD 26
Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I would not expect anything less.from a Jamies resturant. Great food and cocktails, attentive staff and great ambiance! Would definitely visit again!

James G, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you had such a good time in our beautiful restaurant. we are really passionate about good food and service so it's great to hear when the hard work pays off. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of the team.

we look forward to seeing you in the restaurant again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,930)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Firstly the the meal it self was lovely and the ambience was great, the service was excellent, the reason for the average rating is the portion size. We had the lasagne, which was lovely but it was tiny. My husband and I had order fries with it which the server had said the lasagne was huge and we would not need them. Luckily for us we did not listen. I had two teenager children (12 and 14) and we all had 3 course meal each and we ended up in the local chippie buying more food an hour later as we were still hungry. Really great place, but portion size needs to improve.

James G, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your service and you like the restaurant, however I am sorry you did not think the portions were very good. I will pass your comments on to our team in head office for feedback purposes.

I hope to see you in the restaurant again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

So I got a Groupon voucher for my birthday for a 2 course meal here.
I was already aware that you get a seperate menu with the voucher but most places do that now so I'm not fussed.
The building was lovely, an old bank I think as I saw you could rent out the volt downstairs for dinner parties.

So lets talk food. I got the pate to start and it was LUSH, super soft and creamy with a tasty chutney (which I would have happily eaten the pate without it as it was so nice).
Then carbonara, bland...what a disappointment. Surely in an Italian restaurant they should be able to master that. Cheese/sauce was tasteless, pancetta wasn't anything special and I'm pretty sure it has spring onions in it which was strange.

My other half had the fried ravioli to start, which was ok but an odd mix and then chicken burger to finish which was fine again but nothing special.

The staff were nice and polite but super slow and it wasn't even that busy (sunday around 4)

All in all, the building was the most interesting thing from that night, I would maybe take someone on a first date for a first drink to woo them and then move on to more affordable and exciting places.

To make it worse I got a 'bus gate' fine on route after driving past the palace theatre!! So that trip out cost me more than just my birthday present :( Just a warning on that you may as well just get the train or bus in from now on as I read in the MEN that over 150,000 tickets have been sent out since they started this new rule on Oxford rd (the road doesn't have to be marked they just put a white sign that states other traffic).

James G, Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed you did not enjoy your food. We have a number of really talented chefs who take the utmost care when preparing our dishes so it saddens me that they were not to your liking.

I will raise your comments regarding the speed of service with the floor team so we can work at correcting any mistakes in the future

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was a good experience. Nice staff and quite relaxed atmosphere. We only tried the pasta., but was happy with that.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal. I will pass your comments on to the wider team as I know they will be delighted you had such a great time.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

An afternoon shopping trip into Manchester followed by an enjoyable meal in Jamie’s had the cod special and a glass of wine . The food was well cooked, service good loved the beautiful iconic building.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. We are really passionate about good food and service so it's great to hear when the hard work pays off. I will be sure to pass our comments on to the rest of the team.

we look forward to your next visit.