Open today: 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Delightful

Lovely stop off in Manchester for an anniversary with my Husband. Staff were very friendly and the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from USD 22.20
from USD 15.70
from USD 15.70
More Info
All reviews full body massage great massage swedish massage membership scheme problem areas deep tissue hot stone massage makes you feel relaxed head massage looking forward to my next visit service charge lovely touch next month visit manchester therapist treatment tension
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely stop off in Manchester for an anniversary with my Husband.

Staff were very friendly and the full body massage was amazing. Felt very relaxed afterwards and have already recommended to friends and family.

It was a welcome change from visiting spas in hotels.

BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Holly-P89,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review.

We are so happy you enjoyed your massage and have recommended us to your friends.

We hope to see you again the next time you visit Manchester.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here on a whim and managed to get in a 30min massage. Unfortunately can't recall my masseuse's name but I can't speak highly enough of her. Really professional but funny and made me feel comfortable throughout the process. The massage was perfect all bar I could've spent a lot longer but as we'd dropped in it was the only appointment available.
The premises themselves were really nicely decorated and in keeping with a lovely relaxing experience.
Genuinely the best massage I've had in the UK.

BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi WiltsGoats,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, its brilliant to hear you enjoyed your treatment!

I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place for a fabulous massage, The front of house staff are very welcoming,
The lady’s doing the massage were very knowledgeable and very tentative to my needs in regards to stress and tension areas.
Well worth a visit

BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hi Pinkypip,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are so glad you enjoyed your visit to us.

I will make sure to pass your comments on to all the staff!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Very good massage of laura would definitely recommend her and bali health lounge nice place relaxed and friendly staff.

1  Thank Liffes
BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Hi Liffes,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

I will make sure to pass your comments on to Laura and the team.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I had a pregnancy massage with Rose and it was bliss. My therapist was very attentive to my needs and comfort as a pregnant woman and was thoroughly professional. Thank you for a lovely relaxing hour :)

BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hi Sarahlougray,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review, I will make sure I pass your comments on to Rose!

Reviewed 28 July 2018

I have been a member here for well over a year now. I was initially driven to become a member based on TripAdvisor reviews so it is only fair that I now report back with my own conclusions, especially considering that I would probably advise on avoiding membership.

Pros:
- Every single therapist I have had was great but Alana was by far the best. They genuinely want you to help you and they adjust the treatment according to your preferences.
- The company clearly invests substantially in training their staff ensuring that the treatments they offer are amongst the best available in the UK.
- Therapists even educate you on stretches and good habits to take home with you (reminiscent of how a physiotherapist would).
- This isn't woo-woo mysticism or pseudoscience. Massages are scientifically proven to work and they have undeniably produced tangible results for me, even helping improve my posture.
- The products, while expensive, do seem to be extremely high quality

Cons:
- Membership only allows you to rollover a maximum of 6 credits. There is no notification for when you are about to go over the maximum and thus lose a credit for nothing (which is a reasonably expensive loss and negates the financial incentive to become a member in the first place and is also what happened to me)
- Cancellation process was a pain and did admittedly leave a bad taste. They only gave me until the end of the month to use all my saved treatments/credits. Also, it was difficult to get actual confirmation that I wasn't going to be charged again because they make a final attempt to retain you as a customer but this all takes a couple of days.
- Central location can be a curse. On rare occasions Manchester city centre can shut down due to unrelated causes (such as festivals, protests etc.) making it very difficult to reach the Spa by car.
- No wet facilities (swimming pool, sauna etc.)
- No listing of current massage therapists on the website (so you could learn more about their specialities and therefore make an informed decision on choosing the right one for you)
- No listing of availability online. It would have been nice to just see which time slots were available just by going on the website.
- No easy way to see how many treatments/credits you have stocked up.
- Therapists are under obvious pressure to achieve sales targets.
- 30 day minimum notice period for membership cancellation.

1  Thank Abeid S
BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Abeid,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your membership experience with us and we are so happy to hear that you felt our treatments were beneficial to your overall wellbeing.

Bali Health Lounge prides itself on our bespoke therapist training scheme, so we are delighted to hear that you find our treatments to be amongst the best in the UK.

In regards to the other points you have raised, we would like to offer a bit more detail in the hope that it will clear a few things up for you.

We designed our membership to give our guests access to high quality monthly treatments at an affordable price. We strongly believe that to benefit from regular massage you should receive a treatment at least once a month, however we understand that this is not always possible, which is why we allow our members to rollover their treatments for up to 6 months.

In regards to the cancellation policy we are sorry to hear that it was not what you expected. We don’t like to tie down our members to long term contracts and we believe our 30 day cancellation policy, as outlined online and in the membership agreement, provides our monthly members the flexibility and convenience they are looking for.

All of our therapists are trained to the same standard however our hosts are more than happy to advise on which therapist to book with should you have any preferred technique or styles of massage.

In regards to online availability, we have a section on our website which gives you 24 hour access to all available therapists and time slots. You can also check every treatment you have had, products bought and how many benefits you have left by just selecting ‘My account’ once you have logged in. We’re sorry if these features were not made clear to you during your membership, we will make sure we improve on this in the future.

Thank you again for all your valuable feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Went too Bali health care for the first time and am not disappointed it’s and amazing spa and Laura who did my wax was amazing and so thorough (which is good of course) and nice made me feel really relaxed I will definitely be making this my new monthly !! All the staff are lovely too so attentive and caring, and they do so much there I will definitely be trying more treatments definitely the place to go in Manchester !! :)

BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hi Aimee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review, I will make sure to pass on your comments to Laura and all the staff!

Its great to hear you will be visiting us more often now and we really hope you do try some of our other treatments.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

From the moment you step into Bali Health Lounge it feels like a haven. I had booked for a full body Swedish massage and an Indian head massage. My therapists Paula and Lena were incredible. Both very professional but also always aware of my needs and requests. I think I fell asleep during my body massage so I know it was that good. Would highly recommend to anyone. You won’t regret it

1  Thank Hazel C
BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Hi Hazel,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your treatments!

I will make sure I pass your comments on to Paula and Lena, and dont worry a lot of out guests fall asleep during a massage!!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

One of our go to spas for a facial and massage when in Manchester. Lovely piece of chocolate cake afterwards to liven you back up.

BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Jillian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are so glad to hear that we are one of your 'go to spas' when you are visiting Manchester.

I will make sure to pass on your comments to all staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I’d never had a massage before visiting Bali with my girlfriend.
I have to say that I think it’ll be a place to return to in future, we both had an exceptional experience and would definitely recommend it to others.
The staff were incredibly friendly and professional, the massage was beyond what we could’ve hoped for and the environment was beautiful, offering a relaxing experience as soon as you step through the door.

1  Thank SamuelJW_96
BaliHealthLounge, Manager at Bali Health Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi SamuelJW_96,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review!

We are so glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your treatments with us, and I will make sure I pass on your comments to all the staff.

Thank you again for your fantastic review and we look forward to treating you both again soon,