“Can be much better. No any improvement for two years.”
Review of TOPS Buffet

TOPS Buffet
Ranked #612 of 2,482 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 9 - USD 22
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: TOPS restaurant specialising in ' Theatre cooking', Global Kitchen Market. We offer up to 300 mouth-watering dishes and bring you top Quality,Delicious, Fresh and Health Food from many different regions of the world such as China, Japan, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Mongolia, Korea, Vietnam, Italian and french seafood.Our highly skilled chefs will take you an Global Culinary Journey. Come and enjoy an Amazing Experiance in our Wonderful restaurant.
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We had been here two years ago and decided to go again, so found no improvement for last two years. We have been asked to pay before we have our meal. Also, we have been asked to pay at our table for our drinks every time when we ordered any drinks. It was not good for me to touch money and walk to wash my hands after that. I think that they can put the cost of it into final bill on check out. Strange for me. We had a lunch. Price was OK, but food quality was not as expected. Food was not warm, not a big assortment and most of food had just plenty of solt and no spices or test. At the end my husband ordered a cup of coffee and we were waiting for it about 15 minutes. We were ready to go away when he had his nearly warm cup of coffee. He paid for it just because a girl had apologise for the delay. Next our visit of Manchester we will try to find different place to eat and do not recommend this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I’ve never been anywhere where I’ve been asked to pay before I have my meal. We were even told we had to pay for our drinks in a rude manner. That aside, this is one of the poorest buffets I’ve been to. There’s practically nothing for non meat eaters, the teppanyaki is just a bit of cooked meat (most buffets do noodles and veg with your meat), the food wasn’t hot, the pudding selection was awful (no vanilla ice cream?) and the area marked ‘salad and cheese’ on the seating plan had no cheese! And what buffet doesn’t have sesame prawns toasts?! Weird.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve Heard nothing but good spoken about tops so I decided to take my family to see what all the hype was about first we went at 12:30 lunch time and were told it was £15.99 each with it being a bank holiday now don’t get me wrong the place is very clean and tidy and the staff are polite but all the food I tried was cold there were no instructions how to order from the chef when I asked for my dad I was told just tell him what meat you want there is a lots of choice just a shame it was all cold the
drinks were very pricey to £10 for a can of bitter and a glass of Fanta. Just felt very disappointed

1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Well, as expected, it's a big place, with lots of food, trying to offer everything but not doing anything particularly well. This place is filled with people who just want to eat a lot of not very nice food.

Pretty expensive for what it is and I really dislike places who charge kids full price because they are tall. Do you not realise that it is people who are fat who eat more and not those who are tall. How can a 11 year old pay adult price?

Only came as big group of 20 of us.

When a place is this dark, you know you shouldnt look too close.

This is all about making money and not about making nice food.

1  Thank sabin215
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Its a shame, TOPs was very good (as you'll see from the older reviews, when it first opened. However we decided to go back the other day and its not the same as it used to be.

We first went just after it first opened and it was a very friendly and very nice buffet. Lots of choice and good quality on offer - that is the case anymore and is just your usual buffet standard but with a somewhat inflated price, especially after 5 and on weekends.

There are plenty more options in the city centre so you need to stay on top of you game. However it seems busy enough so management probably won't care, yet!

My tip is try Chinatown for a buffet - it will offer more and be of better quality while saving you money.

2  Thank RigaFanUk