“Great place to chill!”
Review of The Bay Horse Pub - CLOSED

The Bay Horse Pub
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: British, Pub
Description: Welcome to the Bay Horse! On the launch of our new food and cocktail menu and brand spanking new website, let us re-introduce ourselves... We are a well established Manchester institution, situated in the heart of the bohemian Northern Quarter, in the centre of town. A warm, inviting space where you can eat to your hearts content, chill out and catch up with friends and listen to a variety of music; The Bay Horse has been up and running for ten years and are the baby of Yvonne Goldsmith-Rybka and Nicky Rybka Goldsmith. Nestled in a beautiful Grade 2 listed Georgian building and across two floors (The Bay Horse and Saddle Club cocktail bar downstairs) we are the perfect location for both first dates and nights out with mates! The Bay Horse bar on the first floor is an intimate sanctuary of rotating casks ales, international and local craft beers, whiskies and rums to suit even the most acquired tastes as well as premium house spirits. We also offer a beautiful selection of handmade, locally sourced and wholesome food with veggie options a-plenty! We serve our delicious food daily from midday to 8pm (7.30pm last orders), upon request. Live music has always played a role in our heritage and we continue to showcase weekly music events from Open Mic nights to regular rotating DJs and evenings dedicated to the old age art of vinyl. What's on: Tuesdays JAZZ night with David McLean & Something Else!!! ~ Wednesdays OPEN MIC with Jamie & Guests ~ Thirsty Thursday All Cocktails £5 ALL NIGHT in Saddle Club ~ Fizzy Friday Bottle House Fizz £15 EVERY FRIDAY Soulero with Peter J, Emotional Pop & Guests ~ Saturdays Rotation featuring Fantasy Hotline, DJ Loz Newy, Mark Hogg & FF:RW ~ Sundays Vinyl Heaven with PHONOGRAPHY Every Sunday From 4pm Weekday Madness Meal & Soft Drink £7 Meal & Small House Wine or Bottle House Beer £8 Every Weekday Midday To 3pm (see menu for details) ~ Daily Deal Bottle House Wine or 4 x Bottles House Beer £10 Every Day Until 7pm
Reviewed 21 July 2015

"2nd visit to the Bay horse, first time for a drink. This time called in for a drink and a meal, having seen meals served last week.
Nice chilled out bar, great music and friendly staff. I choose the Steak pie,my partner had the fish pie. The meals arrived very hot and freshly made, and very tasty!!
The pie's cost £8 and the pints we had £4.20 so really a cheap meal.
Deffo come back again!

2  Thank Alan E

Reviewed 11 June 2015

Have visited The Horse Bay twice (always on Sunday) and must say that on both occasions the food was delicious (amazing chunky chips, freshly made pies). Moreover great music and atmosphere. Would recommend The Horse Bay as a great place for a Sunday afternoon chillout time, their pies as a good alternative to a sunday roast.

2  Thank DanaManchester
Reviewed 26 May 2015

We saw a sign outside that said make your own cocktail at 5pm. Sounded too much like a challenge so we all had a go and had great fun in the process. My daughter made herself an amaretto sour, my husband an old fashioned and I made a cosmopolitan. All tasted delicious and we learnt loads about the science of mixology at the same time. I'm really sorry but we didn't get his name but the cocktail waiter/expert was brilliant at sharing information, encouraging and also discussing the rules of cocktail making (clear spirits go with lemon, dark with lime). Another group came in to share in our little lesson, so we didn't really get time to say what a great job he had done! A great experience - give it a go!

1  Thank shefftrip
Reviewed 21 April 2015

had a nice lunch here, was hot and tasty. staff all very friendly and no wait for food. would recommend here and if back would eat here again

1  Thank m l
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

Ok so we called in here for a couple of drinks on the bank holiday weekend.
My Mrs and I were quickly served by polite friendly staff snd the quality of the drinks was good too.

I ordered a nice beer called Jeramiah weed (not sure on the spelling but you catch my drift). Any how, I've had this beer before a long time ago, and this seems to be one of the few bars I've visited that sells it. So needless to say, I was most happy.
Upon sitting down we checked out the food menu which was fairly basic pub food. Just a shame there was nothing we fancied.

I can't really fault this bar on much really. But I am giving it a 3 out of 5 due to a couple of little things. I can't give every bar a 5 as it just wouldn't be right so here goes.

Decor - not in the best condition but ok at best.
Staff - polite, efficient and friendly.
Prices - pretty good for the city centre.
Clientele - varied - I didn't spot a single idiot nor any of the pretentious types - so happy happy.
Drinks choice - good for me.
Food choice - fairly basic.
Location - in a part of Manchester City centre where there is a lot of bars, so ideal for a day / night on the lash.

I give this bar a 3 / 5

Would I go again? Yes, definitely.

Final comments - A nice bar, in a popular location which is perfect for a few drinks day or night.

1  Thank MrSatNav