USD 200
  • Breakfast included
USD 125
USD 101
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 121/night.

USD 215
USD 180
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleisure facilitieshydrotherapy poollarge swimming poolcar park attendantbooked a king roomeast didsburynight portergreat facilitiestraining coursebigger roomrooms are smallspecial thankssteam roomking sizeclean tidyhotel guestsgood size
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The staff is very helpful, friendly and acomodating. The Leisure facilities are great, clean and relaxing. The rooms are clean and cozy, the bed was comfortable. And the main diahes from the resturant eg burger and lasagna were really good. It was my boyfriends birthday weekend and the hotel staff made sure it was a good birthday to remember, help out by bringing a bottle of fizz to our room at midnight, our initial room was a double bed and we requested if we could upgrade to a bigger room and due to a cancellation they manage to change u

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Booked through Booking.com...
This is a fitness centre that has expanded to offer hotel facilities... unfortunately someone needs to tell the staff they are here to serve customers, giving them training would be a good start.
The owners have clearly taken trouble over the fabric of the building and the leisure centre looks well run and equipped. It is clearly popular with local families and young people.
The Hotel and restaurant has every sign of still being a well specified afterthought. Good quality midrange fixtures and fittings compete with extremely noisy plumbing and bathroom fans, at £100 a night for the outskirts of Manchester, it is too expensive. I booked on a special offer for £60 (lack of customers).
The owners probably have never run a hotel before, as they don't understand the importance of staff, who let down the hotel side. The most friendly person was the bouncer (yes, it is odd to be greeted by a security guard mid-afternoon). He made a real genuine friendly effort opening doors and directing me to reception.
This place needs a visit from Gordon Ramsay to wake up the management to understand running a hotel is a different from running a gym. With other professional hotel chains around the corner, slightly superior fixtures and fittings don't make up for sloppy attention to staff management. I could write more detail, but I won't be returning so I can't be bothered.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Kyle S, Guest Relations Manager at Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hello michaelmC5659YC,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, very disappointing to read such review I am sorry if you experienced any issues here at the Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club as you can see from previous reviews we have such great feedback for the hotel and rated number 25 out of 121 Hotels in the area so very unlike us.

Please feel free to contact me directly to raise any further concerns kyle.sheridan@waterside-hotel.co.uk

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Booked to stay one night here, it's a bit of way out of the city centre, but it's easy to get to via Trams and is only a 5 minute walk from the nearest Tram Station (East Didsbury)

The staff were lovely, and very attentive, the rooms were small and basic but had everything I needed. Free use of the pool and the gym was a motivation for booking, so it was good to get a swim in the pool and use of the spa, however briefly.

The beds do need upgrading though, both my friend and I complained of being able to feel the springs on the mattresses in our separate rooms the next morning, and 3 of the 4 pillows on my bed were lumpy and horrible. I was also unlucky enough to have neighbouring guests who didn't make any effort to be quiet when they arrived at their room in the middle of the night. Not the hotel's fault, but more signs asking people to be considerate might help.

Also, the breakfast buffet only offered 1 option of yoghurt and very little fruit to go with it, so unless you want cereal or fried breakfast there wasn't much choice.

Overall good experience, but the beds need sorting.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Sian,

Amazing feedback thank you so much, hopefully see you back at the Waterside.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I had seen that the only downside of staying here was that the standard rooms were of a modest size.
With that in mind I arrived at 14-00 to check in to get a cheeky upgrade.
To my eternal shame I had managed to cancel my booking on Booking.com thinking I had a better deal on Expedia
In essence, I had cancelled my real booking with one and booked a totally incorrect date with another
Net result - no reservation !
The duty manager was just superb - helped me as best as he was able with a reasonable room rate and included breakfast - he could have been spiteful and given a really high price
So there you go, that's me - lesson learnt
The hotel itself was first class, the spa exceptional and the breakfast really good
Yes, the deluxe room wasn't itself huge, but the bed gorgeous and the pillows tip top.
An independent hotel, the staff were just great and it just ticked all the boxes
Would recommend and stay again without hesitation
Thanks to all

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Bruce H

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, overall great feedback glad you enjoyed your visit. we are always on hand to help so please always ask if needed please be aware it is always cheaper to book direct with the hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, staff very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, not a lot of storage space. Disappointed with the breakfast, fatty bacon, baked beans microwaved to much, poached eggs really good. Spa and leisure facilities were great.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Lozmca,

Thank you for reviewing us, I have passed your comments onto the relevant department.