“Little gem ”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

I really like this place. I used to presume it was only for older guys who love their IPA's but actually you see a variety of people enjoy their time here.

There are many different beer/ales ect and I have heard some brewed just for the Marble Arch?

The staff here are nice enough; I think a smile now and again would be nice but it's never a put off.

The fires are always on when it's cold and the inside has lovely architecture and design.

The best bit is the food!

At first I thought it was a little on the expensive side but the quality is fantastic. The flavours are fab and they even had a few meals for my GF friend :)

Highly recommend

1  Thank Charlie T

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely business dinner Sunday evening at the Marble Arch. They had a simple Sunday lunch/dinner menu with a 3 course or a la carte. In addition they serve their own beer's and have an assortment of international bottles. I started with a pint of the Earl Grey IPA, loved it. My first tea infused beer. Had a bottle of Duvel later in the meal.

For dinner I has the corned beef hash. Braised beef, potato, poached egg and a bacon slice. Rich and flavorful. Also nice tomato soup as well. Within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza. Loved it.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

My friend took us here as he wanted to show us a "proper boozer" and it did not disappoint. Lovely atmosphere, nice punters, and a good selection of beers available.

I was annoyed they didn't have the beer I wanted available but as they brew your own it's understandable they wouldn't have a full stock at all times. I just wish I lived closer so I could go and try them all out!

The only issue was my boyfriend waited ages to be served as the bar staff changed twice in a short time, and served the old men at the bar before him even though he'd been there the longest.

Otherwise, a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the Northern Quarter.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Not surprised that the Marble Arch is in the running for Pub of the Year. Recommended by a brewer friend as well worth a visit and we were not disappointed. A very fine selection of well crafted ales, authentic interior and a food menu that is innovative and satisfying to try alongside the session beers. One niggle would be the price of the drinks but then again, it's always worth paying a little more for quality.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Why should I recommend a pub that is in slightly odd location just on outskirts of Northern quarter to make it a not easy launch point for a night out. Also for the office workers from coop it's not quite near enough for a quick lunch. In addition the range of beers are nearly all restricted to the Marble Arch's own ales. But beyond doubt this is by far the best pub I've ever been in.
1) the beers are locally brewed and although there are some frankly odd ones served that are also some real corker rd. The menu is worth perusing before making your choice. I'm not a paid up member of CAMRA by they really are very good on the whole
2. The cheese board though pricey is a must
3. The food - yet to have a poor meal here
4. You can see from the pictures it's a real pub - tiled floors original decor etc. Don't be fooled from the outside - many of people I speak to recognise it from my description but think it looks a bit grotty on outside and in a bad spot next to a run down car park. Don't be fooled by appearances
5. But the absolute main reason to go is the atmosphere. It always seems to be full of an interesting mix of people . The seating arrangement is such that you can't help chatting to your neighbours . I can honestly say I've never had a poor night out in this pub