Open today: 9:30 am - 11:30 pm

from USD 5.89
from USD 22.92
from USD 71.89
1,090 results
All reviews front row lovely building last night production actors play stage tickets staging audience interval bar props fab
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The Royal Exchange Theatre Manchester is the largest theatre in the round in the Uk.
Built in 1976 inside The Corn Exchange in StAnne’s Square in Manchester.
The theatre it self was made from 150 tons of steel derived from an oil rig.
The theatre company has a very high standard of plays including Shakespearean classics and more modern pieces.
I have seen plays in this theatre for 40 years and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I have mobility problems and was dropped off with my friends at the main original entrance where there was a very steep flight of stairs. We ascertained that the entrance with a lift was quite a long way away, so one of my friends got a wheelchair to take me to the service lift. The wheelchair had flat tires! So, terribly difficult beginning.
Please learn from this, and make sure you get dropped off at the right entrance if you have mobility problems.
The Theatre is being refurbished, so the main stage is in a strange structure inside the theatre itself. That is pretty comfortable and accessible.
The play, Queen Margaret, was really well done in a theatre in the round.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Walk in wander round and take in the awesome structure of the original exchange and the later theatre. All so huge all so clever. This really is a gem and should be visited by far more people - I thinkmany people think you cant go in and wander. The cafe is excellent and the food of a good high standard

1  Thank Howard-Liverpool
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We went into this area looking for the Manchester bees and we did indeed find several great ones. The space itself was a revelation though and I don't know why I've never been in here before. It is great architecture, super glass and all really airy and bright. A lovely space to sit and watch the world go by.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I have visited this theatre many times, I never actually thought I had a very good imagination until I experienced a performance here. The standard of acting is first class and the use of stage and props transports you to a time and place relevant to the story. I popped in yesterday to purchase some tickets for the upcoming production and the lady on the information desk, I think her name was Helen, was so lovely, informative and enthusiastic, the face of the theatre and she was a credit to them. Highly recommend trying a production "in the round" if you haven't been been before ..there are cheap daily release tickets if you are willing to queue!

Date of experience: August 2018