1,018 results
All reviews willowbank hotel city centre secure parking curry rice superior room main road pleasant stay full english ideal location reception staff stayed for one night good nights sleep fallowfield christie didsbury concert
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We have stayed at this hotel many times as my husband attends the Christie Hospital and is conveniently near. We initially went there when it was The Best Western and offered Christie patients a discount.

It is now a Hallmark Hotel, when I asked about the discount I was told that the rate quoted was the rate we were required to pay - end of. But she did add secure car parking and breakfast was included.

We now book the executive rooms to make sure we have room to move about after once being given a very small room in the new part of the hotel. I couldn't see that Hallmark had made any improvements really, they had refurbished bits. Our room was clean and comfortable and lovely and warm, and hallelujah- the windows opened however, the pictures on the wall weren't very cheerful. The bathroom was a little strange, lovely large corner bath and bath shower but negotiating the toilet was an art.

We had arrived on a Sunday and had to go out to eat (the Weatherspoon pub is a very short walk and the food is your average pub grub and reasonably priced) as they no longer do any food on Sunday nights, even bar snacks had ceased. I did though manage to get a coffee from the bar, when the barman eventually arrived, somewhat overpriced I thought, I can only assume that it was a quiet night as he kept his fleece on and spent a great deal of time looking at his phone.

Generally the staff were helpful and friendly, though we didn't see a great deal of them. The breakfast is a buffet style with plenty of choices. I had my usual gripe about really cold milk for the coffee, yet to find a hotel that offers warm milk with your breakfast coffee.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments.
I have spoken with he Bar member of staff following on from the issues you faced, I'm sorry that this occurred as its unacceptable.
Next time you are here just let us know so we can arrange some hot milk for your coffee.
General manager

Reviewed 9 December 2017

small but very good value room. good facilities.excellent breakfast.great location.good service.very handy for curry mile.secure parking and catered for early start.prices very reasonable.staff helpful,homely feel to premises.

Room tip: rear rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest
Great review! Its always nice to receive such kind works from our guests. I will pass on your thanks to the rest of the team.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The check-in was quick with clear information. When we arrived the room was too hot, but unlike many hotels easy to adjust the radiator temperature. So quickly under control, which s very good as I like a cooler room than most. For our room rate, breakfast was extra, and at £10 each we felt a bit pricey, but there was a good range of food (including black pud), and plenty of it, so now no complaints. Given it's location I thought noise may be a problem as we had a front facing room, but after about 11pm it was fine. Overall a pleasant stay and I will stay here again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments following on from your stay, its great to hear you had a great time and gave us a 5 star review.
Look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I recently stayed here for a second week and was quite disappointed this time. The room was really tired. The heating was incredibly noisy with banging all the time it was on. The room was really cramped and all the tiles on the bathroom floor were cracked. The toilet was coming away from the wall and worst of all, there were pubic hairs in the bath plug hole when I arrived. when you tried to open the wardrobe door it made a deafening screeching noise that would wake anyone in neighbouring rooms. There were also noisy children running around in the corridors. Overall it was OK cleanliness wise but certainly nothing special. I probably won't be rushing back here unless someone can persuade me otherwise.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments, please call me at the hotel to discuss if you wish.
I will investigate the issues you faced with the room.
Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a Christmas party. The double room was £80 + £5 car park charge. The room was tiny, but had all the usual hotel room conveniences including large flat screen TV, tea making facilities, toiletries, desk and wardrobe. The bathroom was equally as small and our bathroom door had the annoying habit of sticking on the cupboard as it opened and closed. It's needs planing down.
I was surprised to get an actual key, which was quite inconvenient as there were two of us sharing the room. The room, whilst clean and tidy, needs a refurbishment, everything just seems outdated and my bed had certainly seen better days.
The biggest issue I had with the room was the floorboards, it seemed where ever you walked the floorboards creaked. The issue being that actually you heard your neighbours creaking around as well as people walking through the corridor. Loud creaks, thin walls.
Breakfast was included in the rate and was very good. Usual choice of juices and hot beverages, English breakfast, pastries, cereals and yoghurts. A wide selection and good quality, you were never rushed by the waiting staff, but were quick to clear empty plates away.
Location for central Manchester is pretty good, a short 15 minute bus ride with a stop pretty much outside the door. Large Sainsbury's, Macdonald's, various restaurants and bars all within a short walk.
A little bit of TLC to the hotel and I would come back again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments following on from your recent stay with us, its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fitting a new carpet on the second floor neat year so will hopeful be able to do something with the floorboards then.