1,002 results
All reviews willowbank hotel city centre secure parking curry rice superior room main road reception staff stayed one night good nights sleep fallowfield christie didsbury concert
Reviewed 9 December 2017

small but very good value room. good facilities.excellent breakfast.great location.good service.very handy for curry mile.secure parking and catered for early start.prices very reasonable.staff helpful,homely feel to premises.

Room Tip: rear rooms
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Guest
Great review! Its always nice to receive such kind works from our guests. I will pass on your thanks to the rest of the team.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The check-in was quick with clear information. When we arrived the room was too hot, but unlike many hotels easy to adjust the radiator temperature. So quickly under control, which s very good as I like a cooler room than most. For our room rate, breakfast was extra, and at £10 each we felt a bit pricey, but there was a good range of food (including black pud), and plenty of it, so now no complaints. Given it's location I thought noise may be a problem as we had a front facing room, but after about 11pm it was fine. Overall a pleasant stay and I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments following on from your stay, its great to hear you had a great time and gave us a 5 star review.
Look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I recently stayed here for a second week and was quite disappointed this time. The room was really tired. The heating was incredibly noisy with banging all the time it was on. The room was really cramped and all the tiles on the bathroom floor were cracked. The toilet was coming away from the wall and worst of all, there were pubic hairs in the bath plug hole when I arrived. when you tried to open the wardrobe door it made a deafening screeching noise that would wake anyone in neighbouring rooms. There were also noisy children running around in the corridors. Overall it was OK cleanliness wise but certainly nothing special. I probably won't be rushing back here unless someone can persuade me otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments, please call me at the hotel to discuss if you wish.
I will investigate the issues you faced with the room.
Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a Christmas party. The double room was £80 + £5 car park charge. The room was tiny, but had all the usual hotel room conveniences including large flat screen TV, tea making facilities, toiletries, desk and wardrobe. The bathroom was equally as small and our bathroom door had the annoying habit of sticking on the cupboard as it opened and closed. It's needs planing down.
I was surprised to get an actual key, which was quite inconvenient as there were two of us sharing the room. The room, whilst clean and tidy, needs a refurbishment, everything just seems outdated and my bed had certainly seen better days.
The biggest issue I had with the room was the floorboards, it seemed where ever you walked the floorboards creaked. The issue being that actually you heard your neighbours creaking around as well as people walking through the corridor. Loud creaks, thin walls.
Breakfast was included in the rate and was very good. Usual choice of juices and hot beverages, English breakfast, pastries, cereals and yoghurts. A wide selection and good quality, you were never rushed by the waiting staff, but were quick to clear empty plates away.
Location for central Manchester is pretty good, a short 15 minute bus ride with a stop pretty much outside the door. Large Sainsbury's, Macdonald's, various restaurants and bars all within a short walk.
A little bit of TLC to the hotel and I would come back again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments following on from your recent stay with us, its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fitting a new carpet on the second floor neat year so will hopeful be able to do something with the floorboards then.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our night away, hotel 10 mins in an uber to the city which cost around £10 normal taxi was £22. Good local amenities around if needed, and secure parking.
Reception staff nice friendly and rooms clean, absolutely fine for a night away.
The only thing I didn't really like was been woken up by the chambermaids outside our room. As we came out for breakfast there were 3/4 ladies mid conversation talking rather loud no English spoken. Not that I have a problem with the language being used but it sounded like they were all shouting at each other.
Breakfast I'd probably say 6/10, black pudding/ sausages were like charcoal think the chefs must have been having an off day. Was quite a good selection though.
If we return to the city I would give the hotel another go as it is good value for money.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, it pleasing to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will speak with he chef regarding the issues you faced with breakfast.
See you again soon.