All reviews willowbank hotel city centre secure parking curry rice superior room single room reception staff full english stayed for one night good nights sleep fallowfield christie didsbury concert
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The hotel was fine, all apart from the terrible smell as soon as we entered it and the smell continued threw out the hall ways. But I can not fault the hotel in any other way, room was great and breakfast was fantastic. Although I didn't see much staff they were helpful. The hotel was also very peaceful at night so got a great nights sleep. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Sophiesarah

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel.

I am pleased that your stay was on the whole an enjoyable one for you, your comments about corridor freshness have been passed to our head housekeeper with this matter now addressed with deep cleaning of corridors and carpets.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Comfortable beds, spacious rooms. Stayed here with a toddler and the rooms were adequate for her needs. The room was safe with no breakables or anything that she could have hurt herself with. Rooms and hotel were cleaned to the highest standard. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was delicious!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Rebecca

I am pleased that you were made to feel comfortable and had an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed over one night which was enough - granted it was Christmas Party time but I'll not rush back. Additional £5 for secure parking, room wiring was not great, window was wide open when I arrived so room was very cold - quick access to Manchester town centre early the next day was a plus point and my feedback was listened and responded to by the management.
If you decide to stay then suggest room at the back off main road.

Room Tip: Go to back of hotel off the main road
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Martin

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel

It is only from such constructive comments that we are able to monitor and improve our service standards to then exceed our customers expectations.

All your comments have been listened to and addressed where possible, I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Receptionist was really nice and welcoming on arrival. The room was lovely, spacious and clean. The only downfall was going to sleep (or not going sleep). We woke up every single hour with the room above. The creakiest floor boards iv ever come across, right through until the morning. About 9am also the housekeeping banging on the door and speaking foreign outside the door, this is what also woke us up. We wouldn't have minded the knocking of the door but she was near enough shouting in polish outside the door and walked in to notice we were in bed and continued to speak loudly. The hotel is beautiful but the only downfall was the room above room 36 and the housekeeping being overly loud. I would definitely recommened it and stay again but not in room 36 again. :)

• Stayed: December 2012
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Dear Becky_Gib

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel.
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the warm welcome you received.
I am sorry that your nights sleep was distrupted,We are currently looking into a solution to prevent the upper floor's, floor boards from creaking.
I have spoken with our Housekeeping manager who inturn is to retrain all of her staff.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on business several times over the last few years and I have also used their function rooms.
The location is close enough to the city centre yet far enough to provide its own (secure) parking, which you don't find in the city centre.
The rooms are not large, but perfectly adequate, clean and comfortable.
The bar seemed to be very busy with people eating in there, yet the restaurant was quiet, even though the same menu, a the same prices is served in both. I enjoyed the food on both the nights I stayed there.
The hotel staff (in particular the restaurant staff) were very pleasant and helpful. My only criticism would be that when the bar staff are busy and guests have to wait to be served, the staff would improve their service greatly if they were to acknowledge people waiting instead of keeping their heads down and pretending they are not there!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
WillowBankManager, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Manchester South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Dear Geoff S

thank you for taking teh time to review your most recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel.

Thank you for your positive coments and feedback, Its always pleasing to recieve such feedback from our guests.
I will ensure that your points raised about our food and beverage department are actioned to ensure all guests are acknowledged during busier periods in future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.