New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #40 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Preston
“One Night Before a Flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed for one night before a flight to the States. Got the room for £64, which I was pleased about. The hotel had a good feel to it because everyone was going on holiday! Had a good nights sleep and the transfer to the Terminal was well organised. They even lift your assortment of suitcases into the van!! It meant we didn't have to get up at 4am. I'd certainly do it again before a long haul flight. The room was clean & welcoming with some nice touches. Didn't eat at the hotel though.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here for one night before our flight on 25th March 2012 and paid £80 for room only and 8 days worth of parking following this, which I think is a very good deal!

The rooms are comfortable and extremely spacious and we had a very good night's sleep. The hotel is a 3-4 minute transfer time to Terminal 1 (where we flew from) and we found everything to be well organised and satisfactory. The room included tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary mineral water and 'this works' sleep products to aid a restful sleep, the bathroom also had complimentary toiletries but strangely there was only one of everything in the room and it was a double, we had all our own products anyway so it didn't matter, I am sure they would have sorted it if we had asked them though.

We arrived late on the night of our stay so I can't comment on the bar/restaurant or on the breakfast the next morning as we were room only. But based on value for money, comfort of the room, ease of transfer and the facilities in the room I would recommend this hotel, I would consider booking again if this offer was available.

There is a free 24 hour gym which we didn't get chance to use but looked decent and the restaurant looked fairly full when we arrived so must be ok.

1 Thank Sessel
Leeds Yorkshire England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here the night befor we flew out of Manchester airport. Excellent value for money. We ate in the Thai restaurant, Good good and well served. All the staff were nice and the transfer to terminal 1 the next morning couldn't have been easier. I will certainatly stay here again.

north yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Fabulous hotel, expensive to park and eat, but this is expected at the airport. Room excellent, quiet considering the location and the turnover of guests and the times people leaving rooms. excellent parking but expensive, breakfast, all you can eat for under a tenner was fabulous. bar was very nice and surprisingly not too expensive for drinks. Staff excellent throughout the hotel from reception to cleaners - all chirpy, polite and willing to assist. unable to comment on conference facilities as this was at the Hilton, but would definately use the Crowne in future for overnight stay prior to flying out.

Room Tip: unable to comment. rooms at back overlooking carpark are excellent. clean.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I must start by admitting that my stay at the hotel was coloured somewhat by being very weary when I arrived. My flight was cancelled after 4 hours of sitting in the plane, and by the time I got to the hotel it had been about 7 hours since I had last eaten anything resembling a meal.

While the hotel is walking distance from the airport, the way to it is not currently easily passable by pathways, due to various roadworks. They do offer transfers apparently, but I wasn't aware of this so did the late night wander instead.

To their credit, I was very quickly dealt with and given my room. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. There was a bath, which is a lovesome thing at the end of a very long day.

Breakfast is a buffet and is served from 4am, which is I am sure very useful to the commuting traveller.

So why do I rate this hotel as only average?

1. They charge for wifi, which I think in these modern days is completely unjustifiable, and simply greedy.
2. I ordered room service, and got the wrong dish. To his credit, the waiter was very nice, apologetic about the error and fixed it promptly.
3. When they delivered the room service, payment in cash was required. As I had been expecting to depart the UK that day, I had no pounds on me. I offered to go down to pay via credit card, but this was not acceptable. They did accept euros but the amount they charged 3 euros over the real conversion rate - a rather hefty whack, on top of the 3.50 "tray charge"

In general I would say that my stay was ok, but not great.

I can imagine choosing to stay there again, but only if I had an early flight to catch. Otherwise I think I would travel the 20 minutes to stay in Manchester itself.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kiriel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Kiriel,

Thank you for your review, and stay. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service received, but pleased you enjoyed the accommodations. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J