6,108 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight staypark and flyfamily roomone night staychecking incheck in was quickgood nights sleep
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

My wife & I are on a 1 night stop over before heading out to Goa in the morning. We pre-booked everything and upon arrival were impressed by the standard of the hotel and the front facing staff. Very pleasant, informative and helpful. The room is of an ample size with everything you need and pretty quiet . Downstairs the lounge bar is warm and welcoming and to be fair not overly expensive. The Restaurant however can't be held in such high regard. The food is of a very decent standard (although I'm no food critic). Well cooked and presented, unfortunately though the restaurant staff are of a lesser standard. No order & lack of leadership. Staff screwing up food orders seemed to be the common theme. Orders being placed but taking eons to arrive due to lack of concentration by restaurant staff. We ordered our pre-booked 3 course meal of which the 1st course was served within 10 minutes. We then had to wait 45 minutes for the mains as two members of staff thought the other had placed the order. We finished the main and sat for a further 15 minutes before one waiter asked if the meal was Ok only to be gobsmacked when we told him we were still waiting for the dessert. He was under the impression that we had already been served our desserts. Very disappointing to say the least and really lets down what is really a very good hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slackmat74
GuestRelationsMCR, Assistant Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear slackmat74,

Thank you fro your review and comments, let me apologize for the late reply.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sorry to hear about your Restaurant experience. I have passed on your comments to the Restaurant Manger to review with his Team. Since your comments the restaurant Team have been undergoing training sessions to make sure the basics are not forgotten and that the supervisors and Managers are leading the Department during shift.

I hope you return to us if you haven't already and can see the improvements he has made.

Kind regrads
Matthew Porter
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

A single night stay as a treat before a long flight. Quick collection from the train station and efficient check in.
Superb service in the restaurant by Khurram who could not do enough for us - exceptional level of service of which his employers should be very proud. Thank you Khurram.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica8942
GuestRelationsMCR, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Jessica8942,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay before your long flight in the morning. I am pleased to hear your arrival was swift and Khurram went above and beyond to ensure you had a memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you on a return visit to Manchester.

Kind Regards,

Claire Armitage
Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Booked a nights stay with the Clayton Hotel with 16 nights parking as I was travelling to Mexico. Nights stay was fine however my transfer to the airport terminal was not. I have used the service before however on this occasion found the service to be sub-standard. I was asked at reception what time I required my transfer on the morning to the airport howeverv when I turned up at the required time, there was absolutely no organisation and you just got on the next bus that happened not to be full and was going to your terminal. Why did they bother to ask if I required a transfer and at one time if there was no no element of organisation to it. On the return journey I rang the number given, gave all of of my details including terminal number, surname and number of people requiring the transfer to be given instructions as to where to wait and was then told that the bus should be with me soon. After waiting 20 minutes in the freezing cold a bus arrived however only had room for 3 passengers as it had previously picked up at other terminals. As there was a couple waiting before us we were unable to get on this bus so what was the point of me giving all of my details if the next bus to arrive was not going to accommodate all or the majority of the passengers waiting. I then had to wait for the same bus to drop those people back off at the hotel and return for us resulting in a wait time of over 30 minutes. This is not acceptable when the hotel advises transfer times of minutes. Seems to me that all other terminals are given priority over terminal 2. This is not acceptable as I have chosen the same package and believe that the hotel are not delivering the same service to all of their customers. I have used this service on numerous occasions however since the change of ownership to the Clayton Hotel the service has drastically deteriorated and I will not be using again and would definately not recommend to anyone else.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan C
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Susan,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

It is very dissappointing to read your comments regarding our complimentary shuttle service to and from the terminals. You will see from the majority of reviews that this is an aspect of our hotel we are usually very sharp, with our drivers recieving countless mentions. I will remind them the importance of maintaining the high standard of service they deliver on a daily basis.

You will also have noticed that Manchester Aiprort T2 is currently undergoing an extensive re-modelling of the road network and extension of the actual terminal, which has been hindering our circuit time. Again, this is something we are liasing with the airport closely on to ensure the inconvenience to our guests is minimised during their construction works.

Kind regards

Michael

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights,Amazed by the service from all the staff they provided, specially from KHURRAM, who really made our stay pleasure who really looked after us specially with for our .
Thanks will definitely come back & stay here, just one minute away from airport

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Deepak K

Dear Deepak K,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay with us at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport.

I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with attentive service from Khurram for you and your family.

We look forward to welcoming you on a return visit to Manchester.

Kind Regards,

Claire Armitage
Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Hotel was as expected, service was good but i have to say you are a lucky customer if you get Sandra as your waitress in the restaurant she was excellent - very friendly and very efficient can only give her 10/10

Room Tip: Stayed twice & both rooms have been good
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mo D
GuestRelationsMCR, Assistant Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Mo D,

Thank you for your review and comments from your stay with us. I do apologize for the late reply and I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your comments to the Department Heads to let the Teams know how great they where. I do hope you return to us in the future.

Kind regards