“Unwind the day with a cold drink!”

Glasshouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Glasshouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #624 of 2,527 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 21 - USD 33
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Glasshouse Restaurant blends classic flavours with contemporary techniques combined with a passion for local produce in our dishes. Situated on Shudehill on the fringe of Manchester's Trendy Northern Quarter housed within the Crowne Plaza Hotel - The Glasshouse offers Modern décor, extremely welcoming staff and an ambient atmosphere paired with great food. Everything you need for a great culinary experience. Glasshouse also has a private dining room that can accommodate up to 18 people situated on the mezzanine level directly above the Glasshouse Restaurant & Bar with wide glass windows making it intimate and ideal for business or social events.
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

After a busy day off work it was great to have a nice glass of wine in the bar and restaurant area. Lots of comfy seats to sit in

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We visited here recently for drinks. The staff were friendly but the service was quite slow.
We were a party of 16 and we had pre-warned the staff that we would be ordering 3 bottles of Champagne and could they check if they had 3 chilled. Knowing this they should have realised that we would need '16' glasses. Once everyone arrived we ordered the Champagne but unfortunately we had to wait a long time for the drinks to be served. The glasses were all odd and didn't match and the Champagne was left corked and we had to serve ourselves which was disappointing especially when you consider the price we paid for the drinks.
I also ordered a glass of wine and a gin and tonic and was charged £36.50, when I questioned this it turned out that I had been charged for a bottle of wine. The Manager sorted this matter out swiftly and effectively and arranged a refund immediately.
Location is good and it's ideally situated near within/next to the Crowne Plaza Hotel and so ideal for business and meeting friends for drinks and food.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say that our waitress Cristina was excellent very friendly and engaging.
The food was ok. My starter (meat platter was really nice with a great selection of nibbles). My main (tuna nicoise) was ok. The tuna was fine but the lettuce was bitter and the whole thing needed some dressing. My dessert (meringue) was ok neither good nor bad. Sadly the experience was ruined by a loud group of rowdy swearing men in the bar. Their voices carried into the he restaurant which meant our meal was not at all relaxing.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Whilst here on business I managed to have enough time to have a glass of prosecco and chat with my daughter. The bar area has plenty of seating and floor to ceiling windows which mean you can watch the world go by!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I was visiting Manchester for a meal in this restaurant organised for a group of friends from around the country. We had all pre-ordered our meal choices. Mine was soup with warm baked bread, followed by grilled salmon fillet and then a selections of British cheeses. The restaurant was quite spacious and nicely decorated. For a Saturday night (22nd April) there were few diners when we were there. Considering we had pre-ordered and the few diners there was an exceptionally long wait for our starters. A few of us, like me, had soup, but we all had cold stale bread. Our organiser mentioned this and it was quickly replaced with warm fresh bread as advertised. That is the only critical comment as the rest of the food was excellent and the staff were charming. We came to the conclusion there was a lack of training from management. We all retired to the bar afterwards for a social catch up,