“Great Restaurant, friendly, helpful staff. ”

Carluccio's - Spinningfields
Ranked #282 of 2,568 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 19 - USD 31
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Carluccio's in Spinningfields is located in the heart of Manchester's financial district between Deansgate and Leftbank, overlooking Hardman Square. This branch of the famous Italian café chain combines a gourmet deli with a chic white dining room that is popular for business breakfasts, working lunches, and romantic evening meals. Carluccio's has an authentic contemporary Italian ambience, and favourite items from the classic menu include Bistecca di bue con patate - 8oz, 21 day aged West Country rib eye, served with rosemary potatoes and marinated peppers and the gamberoni alla griglia - grilled king prawns marinated in chilli and lemon, served with a green salad. Carluccio's is famous for their gourmet groceries, Italian roasted coffees and fine Italian wines.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I went here before visiting the Opera House with my 14 year old daughter and we were both greeted with a warm, friendly environment. My daughter had mozzarella pizza and was given vegetarian mozzarella when she asked for it. My food was a bit cool so I asked for it to be heated up and they replaced it with a smile! The chocolate bread and butter pudding was delicious and as an added bonus they didn't charge for our desserts to apologise for the main course not being warm enough. We were both pleasantly surprised by this kind gesture. The waiter was very friendly and also gave us excellent directions to the Opera House.

Date of visit: April 2018
Gareth W, General Manager at Carluccio's - Spinningfields, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for your review. Very happy that we were able to turn around what could of been a negative experience into a positive one. We hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Came here to meet a friend and also had my baby with me. The restaurant were incredibly accommodating in finding a suitable table that I could fit my pram next too. If you’re a pasta fan you cannot go wrong with Carluccio’s and my lunch was very enjoyable. I finished the meal off with their Tiramisu which was delicious and I highly recommend. The staff are very attentive but not overbearing.

Good Morning

Hope you are well, thank you for the excellent review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. I am particularly glad that you were able to come with the little one. We love being able to accommodate kids and its important to us that those with small children feel welcome so I am very happy that you felt welcome.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here tonight and what a pleasure it was. Friendly staff to welcome you on arrival and excellent service and the food was delicious and the prices were reasonable. Will definately go again next time I’m in Manchester.

Date of visit: March 2018
Gareth W, General Manager at Carluccio's - Spinningfields, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for the great feedback so nice too walk-in this morning and read this. Look forward too seeing you again.

Enjoy your weekend

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Started with the Bean pasta soup
Which was nice creamy taste. Makes a nice change from minestrone. The lasagne was beautiful well worth the visit prior to the opera house which is only 2mins around the corner.

Good Morning

So glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Its always great to receive this kind of comment and gives everyone here an extra bounce in their step. we look forward too seeing you again. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The best thing about this restaurant is that, situated as it is in the heart of the business district of Manchester, they turn the punters round quickly at lunchtime; knowing that people have only an hour, they don’t mess around, and you’re in and out within the hour the flip side to that is that it isn’t especially relaxing, and it can feel a bit like Grand Central Station as people come and go. The food is average - the portions are on the small side, as my tortelloni demonstrated, and it’s pretty expensive for what it is. If you want a quick lunch with a colleague where you don’t really care about the food but you want to gossip away from the office and be back at your desk for the afternoon, this is a good choice; for something a little more refined and luxurious, try one of the many other restaurants in the area.