“Very Good. Thoroughly Recommend.”
Review of Albert's Shed

Albert's Shed
Ranked #34 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 17 - USD 63
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station. If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station. If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602. Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I tried Alberts Shed after a recommendation from a friend.

It is a bit out of the centre but in a nice location with lovely modern, fresh décor.

The menu has a good range of choices and, although we opted for a lunch time saver type menu, there was plenty of tasty treats on that to keep my friend and I happy.

I went for mushroom, stilton and port pate followed by cheesy lemon dumplings. Both of which were lovely and really perfectly sized.

This is a great spot and brilliant value. I would definitely recommend stopping by if you are in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,322)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here for a wedding a few weeks ago and it was beautiful from start to finish. Brilliant food and drink with very helpful, friendly staff, and a lovely setting with loads of exposed brick and beams. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a wet afternoon at an Exhibition we found ourselves at the Temple of Mamon that is the Trafford Centre. Tired and hungry we almost succumbed to a (£12!) Burger at the food hall filled with the appetising aroma of over cooked oil.... FORTUNATELY we realised that a short bus ride away was the home of good value and first class service that is Albert's Shed. Mariuz greeted us and had us seated with a glass of something pleasant in moments. Hot, freshly prepared food followed. Taste was amazing and beautiful.For the price of a dubious Burger at the Temple of Mamon we had a two course delicious meal. Perfect food and service. Thankyou!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Two of us greatly enjoyed our two course lunch for £12.95. Our starters were well presented and tasty - I enjoyed the cauliflower pasta whilst my companion was delighted by her mackerel. The main courses were good sized portions - my chargrilled chicken with a rich tomatoey sauce was well seasoned and Julie's hake was well cooked again with a tasty sauce. We then added two deserts to the bill sadly the least satisfactory part of the meal as my ice-cream sundae had far too much whipped cream and too little of the other ingredients but overall a small issue. Service was friendly and efficient and we will be returning.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Struggling to find a table for a big party of 12 on a Saturday night without pre-ordering our course selections, Albert's Shed came to the rescue. Although they offered a limited a la carte or party menu given the size of the group, the service and the food was impeccable.

We were celebrating two friends' birthdays and the restaurant kindly offered to allow them the choice of the full menu, along with a complimentary glass of champagne.

To start with, we had drinks, and Albert's Shed offers an affordable and well-executed cocktail menu. For starter I had well seasoned and cooked scallops and black pudding in a delicious creamy sauce with white grapes and for main a very fragrant and succulent malayan chicken curry. My dessert of eccles cakes was only a little disappointing due to a touch too much cinnamon for my liking. Everyone else commented on the excellent quality of their food, especially the steak, boneless beef short rib, rump of lamb served with dauphinoise and the cheesecake.

Albert's Shed is a well-established Manchester classic and it knows what it is doing and how to do it. I always feel confident about eating there. It's in a lovely spot too, on the canal side.

My only criticism might be that the restaurant (including the toilets) is looking ever so slightly tired and dated. Similarly, the website is a little clunky and old fashioned. I was also disappointed at being unable to select from the whole menu, but I understood that the kitchen would have been hard pressed to cater for 12 different mains and starters.