All reviews the penthouse bed apartment hot tub tesco metro tesco express next door northern quarter washing machine hen party on arrival great apartment living area these apartments arndale centre dining table car park complimentary upgrade floor to ceiling windows
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I stayed here recently as part of a hen do, we had 2 apartments, both apartments were so spacious and decorated in a modern cool way. The living rooms were great sizes to cook dinner and then play games and have some drinks before heading into Manchester for the evenings antics! I would definitely recommend staying here, and would happily stay here again myself. The location of the apartments is perfect, 2 mins walk to the Arndale centre.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Jillian W

Thank you very much for the lovely review and kind words, we are thrilled that you all enjoyed the Hen Party.

Our location is the perfect base if you are wanting to explore the many superb shops, bars and restaurants that Manchester has to offer.

We would love to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel was right on Pitch for where we wanted to be. There were 18 of us that stayed in several apartments. We had an executive apartment which was fantastic. Very spacious and the views across Manchester were great. However the car park had limited spaces and was also very tight parking spaces ( not ideal for an estate car) several people in our group had problems trying to park. The Lifts were an absolute nightmare as they were quite small. And there were only 2 of them. We had a bad experience in that we got stuck in the lift for 20 minutes. The service we received was appalling no one came to talk to us to re assure us whilst we were in the lift. The alarm worked but the intercom system to Otis was broken. On the whole the Apartment was great. But the customer service was appalling. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Jo M,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read that overall you all enjoyed the Hen Party for your nieces weekend away.

Your input, and indeed feedback from all of our guests is vital and this is why we have made details on our car park clear on our website to advise the limited spaces and that guests in larger vehicles may struggle to park.

With regards to the lift experience some of the girls encountered, whilst of course we are very sympathetic and sorry for any discomfort they endured I would like to point out clearly what actually happened for others to read.

Our lifts have a clear sign advising max 6 guests inside with a weight restriction also, this is why we have further added our own sign to advise 5 max including guests bags. As there were 7 of you in total this had then overloaded the lift causing it to stop on the 4th floor. Once we were aware of this situation a Hotel colleague, abandoned checking in guests and went straight to the lifts, noted where you were and walked the stairs up the correct floor. She advised that an emergency lift engineer had been called out, to which someone then shouted "sorry this is my fault". Also during this time we instructed our own Maintenance team to go up to the 19th floor to re-set the lift, this fortunately allowed everyone to be released. CCTV camera time frame shows this to be 8 minutes from when the alarm was raised, not 20. The lift engineer attended, checked the lift over and confirmed it had been overloaded, tested the call button and ensured this was working. No other call outs have been made since then to me writing this now.

As some of the girls were clearly distressed a complimentary gesture offering of a drink was given to the whole group to hopefully ensure the celebrations were continued joyfully. Customer service is vitally important to us, and you will see from many fantastic reviews we are very good at looking after our guests and are extremely happy to do this.

This was an unfortunate, isolated incident outside of our control that was dealt with swiftly whilst also managing other guests within the Hotel.

Thank you again, and also for sharing the images of the 2nd Penthouse Suite you were upgraded to - we were really pleased to read that you had enjoyed this.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel for my 23rd birthday. She arranged it all and staying in this hotel was a pleasant surprise, the hotel was stunning

We had a executive room booked but they upgraded us to a double executive room. With how spacious the rooms are anyway it felt like we had a hotel floor all to ourself and the interior was stunning in the room.

Only grumbles are was the door to the balcony was a pain, ours may have been broken but we could not get it to shut but it wasn't an issue as it did not make it cold. If we stayed any longer than one night we would have mentioned it

Last one was the deposit, it was £200, it come as a bit of a shock so I would make sure you know about it before booking otherwise you'll be stuck. It's worth it still with how great the hotel is

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh O
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Josh O

Thank you for the fab review - we were delighted to read that you had a great birthday and celebrations here at the Light.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I was in Manchester for the week and being on a diet, I figured it would be better to book a serviced apartment and cook for myself rather than gorge and booze in restaurants.

Despite it's surroundings, The Light Aparthotel looks pretty smart from the outside and reception certainly builds on the initial experience with a small, modern, boutique lobby. The receptionist who checked me in was both friendly and efficient. It's conveniently located a short walk from Piccadilly Gardens.

There are two lifts towards the rear of the aparthotel. They are both quite small and up a short flight of stairs. Not good if you have mobility problems or exceptionally heavy luggage, although I'm sure someone would help if you asked.

I was in apartment 85 on the 13th floor. The first surprise was that it was a 2 bedroom even though I had booked a one bedroom executive. The second surprise was that it wasn't executive as it had no ensuite or L'Occitane toiletries.

Opening the apartment door revealed a long corridor with doors down left side and the lounge/kitchen at the end. The first room on the left was the larger of the two bedrooms with a double bed, double wardrobe, two bedside tables and lamps. There was a double socket on the wall which was supplemented by a 4-way extension cable. One very small window which was locked. Heating, though not needed was by an electric heater on the wall.

The next room was a decent sized bathroom with basin, toilet and shower over the bath. A rusty towel radiator was mounted on one wall. A lot of cracked floor tiles. The toilet roll holder was also loose. Shower temperature was good, but pressure wasn't great.

The next two doors revealed closets. The first was very shallow and housed the ironing board and iron. The second housed the water heater. Neither or them had a coat rack which would have been nice.The next room was the small bedroom which was almost entirely filled by the double bed. It had a small chest of drawers, but no wardrobe.

At the end of the corridor was the lounge/kitchen area. Maybe 4m x 4m with a large patio door leading out to a small balcony. A small, glass dining table with four chairs. A single armchair and a large sofa made up the rest of the living room furniture. A TV was mounted on the wall, but the pillar in the room obstructed the view from all bar one of the sofa seats. The door to the balcony is a pain to close, but given there is no AC, and no other windows open, you need to open it to cool off. Even up on the 13th floor, the street noise is quite loud.

The kitchen was well equipped with Bosch appliances. Fridge freezer, cooker, oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. The cupboards were very tired with the facing peeling off. One was even a different colour. I managed to cook a couple of decent meals, shopping at the Tesco Express next door.

One of the reasons I booked a "serviced" apartment is that you get the benefits of hotel service; basic cleaning, bed and towel changes, bins emptied. Certainly in other serviced accommodation; Staybridge for example, this has been the case. The bin hasn't been emptied and has 3 days worth of rotting food scraps in it. There is no "Welcome" book to explain who is responsible for this. It if is me, then maybe it would be nice to know where to take it to and where to get a new bin liner?

I'm quite tidy, so the dishes were always washed before I left. After discovering the bed hadn't been made the first day, I even took care of that from then on. So much for service!

Shame really. I wanted to like it but small, tired, damaged and un-serviced apartment just didn't make me want to come back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to produce a very detailed, constructive review of you stay here at the Light. Thank you also for the lovely comments on our team, I will ensure this is passed on.

To clarify maters on some of points however; firstly, on noting prior to arrival that your stay for was business intentions we upgraded you to larger 2 bedroomed apartment to be able to give you a little extra comfort and space to be able to do any out of hours work. Access to the apartments and lifts is either via the main corridor or an accessible are with sloping ramp.

Housekeeping offer a light service on the 4th day of your stay, but anything aside of this is available to be requested at our 24 hour reception desk, including extra toiletries.

We are nearing the end of a complete overhaul of all of the apartments which will hopefully address some niggles you may have found within this apartment. We would certainly relish the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to experience this.

Hope to see you again soon,

Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Good amenities and service in room.
Complementary breakfast is a plus.
Poor access and unavailable on site parking. Unable to pre-book parking.
Not suitable for walking impaired or wheelchair accessibility.

Room Tip: Good amenities in room.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear happy551

Thank you for the review.

We are dreadfully sorry that all of our parking spaces were full during your stay. Unfortunately for our 63 apartments we only have 14 parking bays on a first come first served basis. Most City Centre hotels cannot even offer these, so we do feel that we have a very good product in this respect and the review is maybe a little misleading.

Kind regards