Open today: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Lake District and Back in a Day

Reviewed 20 May 2018
Dan B

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I booked the Chatsworth and Bakewell tour two days before my trip to Manchester. The directions were easy to follow, and when I met Dan at the station to get my itinerary, he was very friendly and helpful. I liked that the trip could be tailored to my time preferences. There were options for different departures from Chatsworth and Bakewell, with the bus and train times listed accordingly. I found Chatsworth beautiful, with a lot of information available. You can go as slow or fast as you like through the house, as it is self guided. The gardens were beautiful, with plenty of places to explore. There is a little cafe outside the shop for a snack, coffee, or ice cream.
Bakewell is an adorable little town, and worth a stop. You can try the famous Bakewell Tart at a number of places, or try the local beer at a pub. There are shops and beautiful walkways along the river. The bus ride back to Manchester was a little long, but you get to see the gorgeous countryside. This was a fantastic trip, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get out of the city and see the English countryside. Manchester Sightseeing made this day trip incredibly easy--I appreciated not having to plan out train and bus schedules or purchase tickets. Everything was done for me, so I could just relax and enjoy the day. I would definitely use Manchester Sightseeing again!

1  Thank mkeandbeyond
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Was visiting Manchester for a day and a half and planned to spend the last afternoon doing the hop-on hop-off 90 minute city tour. Picked up latest brochure and timetable from our hotel and made our way to the pick up stop to get the 1 pm bus. At 1:20 pm a Sightseeing Manchester bus finally showed up and we were told that we could not get onboard as the 1 pm bus had been cancelled and we had to wait for the next bus at 2pm. No apology, no explanation at all from the driver! No sign at the bus stop, no thought at all for the visitors to this lovely city who might have limited time to explore was given! We were not the only tourists who were angry as others who were also waiting to climb onboard were totally frustrated and annoyed, as were we.

So we missed out on exploring the city as we then had no more time left. Very poor show Sightseeing Manchester!! You really need to up your game and consider your customer base if you are selling a professional product because you’ve lost me as a customer forever....and I’m not a difficult customer or complainer ever....except for right now!

1  Thank Betfam
V3594ZFpaulb, Owner at Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear customer, you have posted your review on the wrong review page, we are 'Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips'. You are referring to the sightseeing bus company 'Sightseeing Manchester'. They have their own Trip Advisor review page. We do sell tickets for the sightseeing bus but you did not buy your bus ticket from us. Please can you post your review on the correct trip advisor review page. Perhaps next time you are next in Manchester, you can take one of our nice day trips by train to either Liverpool, Chester, York, Lake District or Wedgwood Pottery.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

My girlfriend and I went on Manchester Sightseeing's day trip to the Lake District and they made they whole day very easy, organising the itinerary so we didn't have to. We simply booked online the day before and then met a delightful young man at Manchester Piccadilly early the next morning. We were given an envelope that contained all we needed for our trip - a suggested plan for the day, train tickets, vouchers for the activities and even some leaflets to read on the train. The representative talked us through the pack - even giving suggestions of the best places to eat and drink - before wishing us a good day as we left to catch the train.

We had booked the day trip that included a visit to Dove Cottage and a cruise on Lake Windermere, visiting Grasmere in between. The day was easy to follow and we just had to exchange our vouchers for tickets on arrival at each attraction.

We arrived back in Manchester at 8.30. Manchester Sightseeing made the day very easy to follow, ensuring that our short time in the Lake District was spent in the best way possible.

I enjoyed it so much, I think I might go on their York Trip next week!

2  Thank Dan B
V3594ZFpaulb, Owner at Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hello Dan, we are pleased that you enjoyed your day trip to the Lake District and thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again very soon !

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Chatsworth estate is home of Dukes of Devonshire. Before leaving Australia I Googled 'Chatsworth' and 'day tours'. Manchester Sightseeing came up and I booked it. They did the work and saved me messing around with separate train, bus and admission tickets and provided suggested itinerary for whole day.

V3594ZFpaulb, Owner at Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for your nice review, Chatsworth is one of our most popular day trips. We are pleased you enjoyed your day and all our arrangements worked well for you. We hope to see you again on another one of our great day trips from Manchester.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

My friend and I wanted to go to York on the 27th of December and to avoid the hassle of buying our own train tickets and searching for attractions, we booked the trip the day before through the website. In the morning, we met a really friendly lady who explained the itinerary to us and gave us our train tickets for the trip. Although it was just a suggested itinerary, we decided to follow through and it worked out really well for us. We managed to visit York Minster, the Viking centre, Clifford tower, Fairfax house, and spent the remaining afternoon walking around the Shambles. It was a wonderful day out without the stress of planning for it. Will definitely book this service again!

V3594ZFpaulb, Manager at Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

York is a great city, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your day trip. We hope to see you again on another one of our day trips from Manchester.