Open today: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Review Highlights
Teenagers on Daytrip to York

3 teenagers, one of whom was a German exchange set off from Piccadilly armed with entry tickets to... read more

Reviewed 8 September 2018
HLPVaughan
Manchester, United Kingdom
Chatsworth and Bakewell

I booked the Chatsworth and Bakewell tour two days before my trip to Manchester. The directions... read more

Reviewed 22 June 2018
mkeandbeyond
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This is a great service, I met a friendly person at Piccadilly station who handed over my travel tickets then I set off to the Lake District. Even though the weather was not brilliant, I really loved the Sightseeing bus, boat cruise and steam train. I was also impressed with how easy it was to book! Would definitely book another trip next time I'm in the city!

1  Thank jennykirkwood
V3594ZFpaulb, Owner at Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your day trip, the Lake District is one of our most popular destinations, next time try a day trip to York or Liverpool.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Booked a day trip to York, was met by a young lady at 08:30 where she explained everything and gave us our train tickets. We had to go to the Tourist office in York to pick up our passes which gave us access to over 30 attractions (with limitations, for example we wasn't allowed to do the Bell tower in the Minister). There was a slight confusion at the office due to them not reckoning the "day trip" but I was told this was due to it being a fairly new option.

I would recommend people do this over a longer period as we had to rush to get to and from places before they closed. We were unable to ride on the Yorkboat due to missing the last sail time (this would have taken almost an hour off us anyway so perhaps for the best).

Went as a couple, lots to do, including for the kids gives a good history of York. Would visit again.

1  Thank swhittle8706
V3594ZFpaulb, Owner at Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

I am pleased that you enjoyed your day trip to York, yes we offer free entry to 30 attractions with our visitor pass. You can choose which ones you would like to visit in the day, I agree it is not possible to visit all of the attractions in the time, our guests select which ones they find more interesting. Our train tickets are open day return so you can stay later than the suggested return time and take a later train at no extra cost. We hope to see you on another one of our day trips very soon. Thank you for booking with Manchester Sightseeing Tours and Day Trips.