All reviewsrooms are smallgreat locationcity centreexchange squarereception area is veryroom wasn texcellent showerfluffy towelscontinental breakfastlarge tvonly stayed one nightblackout curtainssaturday nightwithin walking distancebars and restaurantsweekend stayfree wifi
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Very central. Welcoming greeting. £69 midweek for room only for one person. The room was not big but perfectly adequate. However, the draw back. There is no desk, just a small coffee table. That means that there is nowhere in the room for a business traveller to work.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Peterg
Sean M, General Manager at Motel One Manchester-Royal Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I really do appreciate your feedback and I do hope you will return to the property in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hotel is situated in the city but not right in the middle.
It is surrounded by bars and restaurants of varying cuisines and places of interest.
The décor is modern with a generous nod to the cotton industry Manchester was built on.
The staff showed their quality as soon as we arrived. We got to the hotel earlier than expected but they could not have been more accommodating!, pardon the pun, and we were given a room immediately. While registering a colleague showed my wife various bars and restaurants where we could get lunch. I was very impressed.
the room was basic but very modern in design. It suited our one night stay.
A downside of the stay was having to pay an additional £9.50 each for breakfast.
The breakfast was very good with all the items you would expect from a buffet breakfast. However there was no hot food so £9.50 seems a bit of a stretch for what we had.
When we came back from our night out we enjoyed a night cap at the hotel bar. Well stocked plenty of choice. Cocktails if you wanted and reasonably priced.
I would book this hotel again if my stay was 1 - 3 nights but perhaps forego breakfast.

Room Tip: The seventh floor may have a better view of the city
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable experience here at Motel One.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Myself and my partner travelled down to Manchester as we were attending a concert at the Manchester Arena and we found this hotel for location was best priced so we booked it before Christmas to ensure the price wouldn't rise.

We arrived at Manchester Piccadilly at around 11:45am and went to get a taxi to the hotel which took around 5 minutes and cost roughly £5. We entered the hotel reception area and were very impressed at how modern the hotel was and was very nicely decorated.

I went to check in at the reception desk and I stated we were very early for check in and just asked if we could leave our bags whilst we went out for Lunch but the man behind the desk told me we could check into our room straight away which was a massive bonus. The payment and check in was very straight forward and we were given the cards to our room.

The room itself was great very well set out. The bed was very comfortable, TV was great and the bathroom and shower facilities were second to none.

The location is great literally 100 yards and you are at the Arndale Centre and also plenty of places in and around the hotel to go for food. The arena was around a 10 minute walk but is quite easy to find

Overall a brilliant stay and would definitely stay again on a return to Manchester

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 7kallumf

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Motel One Manchester Royal Exchange. I am delighted that yourself and your partner had such a memorable experience and we look forward to you returning in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

It was my 50th birthday last weekend and my husband had booked a surprise trip away. He chose this hotel for its convenient location and I must say the man did good!
Parked in an NCP car park 5 minutes walk away which had 40% off the ticket price when staying at Motel One, which was good value for money considering it's a city centre.
Room was adequate for our needs for two nights, spotlessly clean, comfy bed, wifi good, minimalist but modern, fluffy towels the lot! Didn't try the breakfast as a bit pricey, but there were plenty of cafes nearby.
We stayed in room 702, top floor, quiet although the floor to ceiling window that seemed to open was a bit scary....
Had a few drinks with family the first night in here, lovely modern bar and hotel, typical city prices for alcohol, would definitely stay here again but might try the one by Piccadilly station as we intend to let the train take the strain next time.
Fantastic location right next to main shopping area, loads of pubs and restaurants nearby, I would recommend Rosso restaurant which is owned by Rio Ferdinand for an extra special night out. Manchester is a brilliant city to visit, can't wait to go back and explore it again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and congratulations for your 50th!!. I am so pleased that you had a fabulous experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to Motel One in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Motel One really is a little gem - excellent location for shopping and and nightlife. Room was compact but had everything you needed and spotlessly clean. Staff from check in to bar to housekeeping could not have been more helpful. Will definitely be back!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the team and indeed our central location. I look forward to welcoming you back to Motel One in the near future.