“WOW - taste sensation!”

The Rabbit In The Moon
Ranked #635 of 2,499 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: USD 0 - USD 50
Description: Critically acclaimed chef Michael O'Hare has taken the reins at The Rabbit In The Moon and it has relaunched with a new more refined Asian inspired tasting menu. Intense flavours and Michael's signature flare are present in dishes such as Scallop with XO Crispy Duck Tongues, Soy and Ginger Glazed Pork Cheek, Unagi Bao and Citrus and Pink Peppercorn Eclair. Housed in the iconic Urbis building, the restaurant's new look combines elegant and sophisticated elements to create a highly intimate dining space. Offering much more than fine dining, The Rabbit in The Moon feeds the demand for a progressive culinary experience in the north west.
Reviewed 12 April 2018

If you are looking for somewhere a little bit special in Manchester, this place is a must! This was my first time at Rabbit in the Moon so I was unsure what to expect but I have to say the food was excellent and the presentation is like a work of art. Dishes were small as I had the tasting menu but with the additional 'pre-starters' and petit fours, I definitely came away satisfied.

Would recommend for a special occasion!

C R, General Manager at The Rabbit In The Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are really glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I previously had a great experience at The Rabbit in the Moon and was excited when I heard they were relaunching with a new tasting menu and interior. Overall though I was left a bit disapointed. None of the dishes were particularly stand out and the meal wasn't worth the £240 it cost (inc a bottle of wine and 2 glasses of sparkling wine).

The eight courses were small (I ate cereal when I got home!) and served within a 90 minute window, meaning it didn't feel like much of an occassion either. Some of the dishes had good flavour combinations and a lot of effort had certainly been put into them, but its no where near as good as their previous menu.

I have written an in depth review on my blog thetallwanderer.com

C R, General Manager at The Rabbit In The Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant following our recent relaunch.

All guest feedback is of vital importance to us so we can continue to improve our offering, especially in these opening few weeks.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Where do I start? This was my first experience of a tasting menu and flipping heck was I disappointed. The food was actually laughable in some cases, I was embarrassed for the establishment. Decor had missed the mark of whatever it was they were trying to achieve and the bathroom was particularly cheap and nasty. Staff were very inexperienced and charged us the wrong amount which we were then absolutely hounded for the following day. Menu was very fish orientated which wasn't really to my taste but may be to other's.

2  Thank JayBee_Likes_to_Eat
C R, General Manager at The Rabbit In The Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi Judith

We have relaunched the restaurant this year (April 2018) with an exciting new menu and new decor we do hope you try us again.

Kind regards