“Amazing restaurant and great food”

Manchester Smokehouse & Cellar
Ranked #651 of 2,494 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were here for my husband's 30th birthday meal while we stayed in Manchester and it really didn't disappoint!

Without knowing it we went in the 2for1 night for main courses which was a lovely surprise and meant we could have a few more cocktails!

The food was outstanding, we are lovers of smokehouse restaurants and the food here was some of, if not the best we have had. My husband had the brisket and I had the ribs - normally I can eat a full rack of ribs but after chicken wings to start, the ribs defeated me. They were so good and such a generous portion (I wouldn't and nor would my husband have complained if the portion was even 25% smaller!).

The choice of cocktails was great and although we only drank cocktails, there was a huge range of other drinks.

I would really recommend this restaurant, it has a great vibe and the food is outstanding! I will go back when I am in Manchester again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The place seemed busy but atmosphere was great. Drinks and food order were taken not long after we sat down and service was consistent throughout the visit. Food didn't take long to arrive to our table and tasted good too.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had two big smokes and unlike the previous couple of times we ordered them the meat wasn't on a wooden board and separate it came in a big paella pan with chips thrown on the top. The meat was really dry compared to the other couple of times we have had it. The bar service was good - but our table was next to the cordoned off bar area and the side of our table seemed to be a waiting area for people who's table wasn't ready. We'd probably go back - but would make a point about the dry meat if we did and order something else.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Dreadful food, incorrect orders and inability to make substitutions.
Not every dish was bad, but the whole experience would definitely deter us from making another visit.
We had to ask for sufficient cutlery for our table of six.
Fifty minutes after seating we received our main dishes, quickly followed by a request that we move because our table was booked out to tag on to a large party.

POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES:

Positive - prawns were juicy and plump. Negative - nothing to clean hands with other that my wafer thin napkin.

Positive - waiter checked about fresh coriander content. Negative - no alternative to Asian slaw which contained the dreaded coriander, resulting in a very dry chicken burger with some Korean ketchup and a side of fries.

Negative - pointed out to our waiter that there wasn't any sauce with one of the starters, by the time this was resolved the starter was cold. Positive - dish taken off the bill.

Positive - offered round of drinks because of table move. Negative - we weren't asked what we wanted, result was a repeat of previous round, three of us left our drinks.

Positive - some of the staff were courteous and attentive. Negative - some of the staff were incredibly ignorant, one barging past me as I returned from the washroom having cleaned off prawn detritus, trust me I'm not invisible!

Negative - price point way too high for such an appalling experience.

1  Thank Gwyn S
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We have been meaning to try this place for a while now! Had a table reserved at 8 but had to change to 9 as we were running late which wasn’t a problem! Greeted and seated with our orders promptly taken. Really nice and large selection of cocktails and the food was amazing! Already looking forward to returning! Keep up the great work!