“Great accommodation and great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester
“Great accommodation and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was our second visit to the Mount Pleasant and we were not dissaponted The customer service we recieved in the past has been maintained, the staff work hard to ensure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms at the hotel are spacious and spotlessly clean.
One of the things you can be assured of at this hotel is that they have very comfortable beds and good pillows ( not always the case in most hotels )

Room Tip: This hotel has some therapeutic beds on offer, the room we were booked into had a mud bed. We reques...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Salford

Thank you for taking the time to post your review to the site. Such positive feedback is always great to read, especially about good quality pillows and beds for which feedback is always essential.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Tyas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I heard about the the girls night in package through a friend of a friend. My chief bridesmaid was straight on the phone to arrange it all. The package changed after we booked it to a pick n mix and at first we were reluctant but it actually was a lot better in hindsight! We added on the fine dining service to our package.

The main apartment we had was huge, with a grand dining table and massive massive cosy sofas in a big U shape facing the tv and a little kitchen and fridge. It had a huge bathroom and separate bedroom with 2 comfy beds and wardrobe. My friends had arrived before me and the hotel allowed them in to decorate the room which I was not expecting and the hotel provide a huge pick n mix of sweets in hard for everyone to help themselves to. Everyone else had a room and they all said how nice they were and spacious (although we spent most of the time in our apartment!)

The fine dining was nice...a bit slow to come out but they did offer a couple of my friends alternatives as they didnt like anything in the set menu. The vegetables were "delayed" but a sincere apology and an exta bottle of wine later we didn't mind but by the time they did come out we had pretty much finished our mains so hardly touched them-sorry! We then had all our puddings and coffees sent to our room which we all ate in our pj's! On hindsight I should've phoned down for them to collect the empty plates-instead I rinsed them all in the kitchen sink so they wouldn't smell in the morning!

Breakfast was tasty although we were all spread out as they had not set a big table up to sit altogether.

Overall I had a fantastic time and so did all my friends and family-great for those that dont want a night out on the town but a night out in! The hotel staff did all they could to make our stay as good as possible. The waiter we had (sorry I didn't get his name) for dinner and breakfast was brilliant-very helpful. The hotel was gorgeous from the rooms to the reception.

I wish I was getting married here as I think they would do an amazing job!!!

Thank you Mount Pleasant-I'm sure we will be finding another reason to book a pick n mix party again in the future!

Liz Smith

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Liddy

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on to Tripadvisor. Its very nice to hear that you and your friends had such a great time. I shall of course your review all of your points with the team at the hotel to ensure your constructive points are taken on board and that we continue to offer high levels of service and facilities. I look forward to personally welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I love booking into this hotel as you never know what the room is going to be like. There are four poster beds, mud beds, massive ornate beds and the rooms are out of this world. I wasn't disappointed this time, this was the ornate bed in a large room with a very big bathroom. Excellent meal served in my room. This time I was more organised than usual and had booked spa treatments ahead of my stay. I had a wonderful salt and oil massage and then a luxury pedicure. It was absolute bliss. This is a hotel that I absolutely love coming back to time after time and I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear Jax S,

I was very pleased to read that you had such a wonderful stay on your last visit and that you had managed to recover from your wobble on the Mud bed on the visit prior. Please keep coming back to us at the hotel , and I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit, if there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed here for a two night conference. The staff could not do enough every thing was spot on.
No faults what so ever

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Bonster,

Thank you for posting your feedback with regard to your 2 day conference and it was our pleasure to be able to host your conference and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to meet you all again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Following our previous stay, we were invited back by the Manager. We stayed the w/e 3/3/12 and found it much much better this time.
The staff were helpful, attentive and courteous and the room was really very nice. We had a huge bed and found it comfortable and very quiet.
We were at the end of the car park though so not sure if that would apply nearer the main entrance as the function rooms are located near there.
The hotel is near a busy main road but we didn't notice this as we were at the far end of the hote.
The views were lovely and the gardens are just beautiful. They would be lovely to walk around in the summer.
We ate in the restaurant this time and the food was so much better and I can recommend the roast belly pork. I still reserve judgement over the bar food though as we had to wait quite some time for cream teas.
The hotel was quite busy with functions but this didn't affect our stay and should we need to stay here again we would be happy to do so.

Room Tip: Can't comment on standard rooms but can recommend the junior suite purely for the luxury factor...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Watkins Family

I am glad to read that you took the opportunity to revisit the hotel and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your break. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future .

Richard Tyas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
7.6 km away
9.8 km away
Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
29.9 km away
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!