“A little disappointed!!”

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #18 of 181 Restaurants in Dudley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Frankie & Benny's serves up the best of New York Italian cuisine to offer you big flavours and massive choice. Whether you fancy a juicy chicken burger or an Italian classic, we've got something for everyone! We've been a much loved restaurant for over 20 years and offer families a place to go for a fun, comforting meal where you can enjoy some well-deserved, chilled-out family time. We cater for all needs with a huge gluten free menu, a wide offering of vegetarian dishes and host of healthier, lighter bites. So try one of our mouth-watering Freakshakes or grab a beer with friends and enjoy a home-from-home meal with us - see you soon!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Haven't been here for a while and decided to visit.

We were greeted and seated by pleasant staff member. We orderd our meals Half Rack of Ribs and the Calzone Meatballs . Mains arrived pretty quickly, however my meal (Ribs) was luke warm. I did not return this as the restaurant was quite busy what with 5 birthday celebrations going on during our evening there.

We had a dessert Chocolate Brownie and Sticky Toffee Pudding. These were just ok.

Frankie and Benny's standards have slipped and becoming more like the regular chain pub/restaurant. PITY!!!!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Attended castle gate branch today with my family. Our waiter Kyle was exceptionally good he was so friendly and helpful offering a full explanation of what our wowcher deal was about . Food was good as always although when our lovely waiter was moved on to serve at the bar the service was much slower and we felt we had been forgotten with empty plates sitting in front of us for 15 minutes. It was very busy but that's still not acceptable my daughter had to miss dessert has we had waited so longer she has no time to wait . I still rate this place though they just need more staff on bank holidays to cope with the volume of customers or more staff like Kyle.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Took mum out for an Easter meal with the Family. We had a great time after a busy day shopping. We had the Family sharing feast and the sharing starter platter. Both these were exceptional value for money. They were meant for 3 to 4 people but it easily fed 5. One 15' pizza, three pasta dishes both of your choice from a reasonable selection. The starters were very tasty too. We were all full and couldn't manage a sweet. However the night was truly made by our fantastic waitress Sue. Funny, attentive and very friendly. She is the best and I advise anyone to ask to be waited on by her. A true professional who enjoys interacting with her customers.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I visited last night with friends from my old work place. We were waiting for about 20 minutes before we were asked if we would like to order drinks. Secondly once our starter orders were taken it took about another 30 minutes for the bland cold food to arrive even though there were only about another 3 or 4 tables in there at the time. It wasn’t too long a wait after for the main courses but these were nothing special and barely warm. The burgers had the tiniest piece of lettuce you have ever seen and had to take the top of the bu off to check if any lettuce and tomato were on them. We even checked the menus to make sure we hadn’t mistakenly thought lettuce and tomato were included! At no time were we asked if we wanted any more drinks or if everything was ok. I will not be returning.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My husband and I used to visit regularly however they changed the menu and increased the prices for what was a less enjoyable dining experience. We decide to give it another try as we had a Wowcher voucher, the deal was very good value for money with 2 courses and a drink for £19.95, the food was tasty and the services was excellent saying as it was almost full. I was disappointed that it has lost its old charm of a diner and is more like a Mcdonalds very noisey and unrelaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank Jaynela13