2,503 results
All reviews the verve club room black country museum sky tv leisure facilities swimming pool steam room one night stay spa cinema tesco carvery function venue birmingham
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic modern hotel, spacious rooms,sky tv, great food, free parking and a fantastic deal by arriving Sunday for an early morning Monday meeting. A slight mistake regarding an over charge...the monies were in my account the next day, outstanding service.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
PeterN4308, General Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for your recent review of the Village Hotel Club - Birmingham Dudley, I was really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

We discuss our guest feedback on a daily basis in our morning meeting, I will be sure to make the team are made aware of your feedback as I know they be delighted by your comments. We really do pride ourselves on our service levels, and I am glad they shone through again on this occasion.

Once again many thanks, and on behalf of the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We stayed at the Village Hotel Birmingham in Dudley for 1 night beginning of October as a couple.
In short – there are plenty of nice hotels in the area – do not consider Village Hotel Birmingham if you want a clean room and a good nights sleep.
We arrived 9.00 ish in the evening and on opening the door to our room 258 we quickly realised the room had been used and not cleaned. There was only 1 mug (for a double room), there was litter in the bin, the bed had been sat on and the sheets disturbed, the towels in the bathroom had obviously been used.
No one answered the phone in Housekeeping so down to Reception where a helpful manager tried to change our room but there were none available. Checking the room he disappeared to try and rectify the situation with fresh towels, bed linen etc. This took him half an hour – and when you’ve been travelling all day all you want to do is crash out and relax. Had to accepted the situation and too tired and too late to move hotels, although we seriously considered it.
Then a family arrived in the room next door. The walls were like paper and we heard every word, every shrek of the baby (who at 1.30 am was still crying)!! and young child. Needless to say – we slept very badly when we eventually could.
The next morning as we checked out we mentioned it to Reception. She said all family rooms have adjoining doors, hence the noise. As a middle aged couple we requested a quiet room not a family room. She asked why we didn’t request to be moved - but from our lack of cleaning experience earlier I knew there were no other rooms available.
Complete disaster. Reception said the manageress would ring us when she started her shift – 48 hours later we have had no phone call.
Shame –good hot breakfast – but we value cleanliness and our sleep.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucyrabb2017
PeterN4308, General Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear lucyrabb2017,

Thank you for taking the time to fill in the survey and to let us know of your dissatisfaction during you stay at the Village Hotel Dudley and for bringing such matters to my attention. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment caused but please be assured that this is not the normal high standard to which we pride ourselves upon. I believe that you have spoken to my colleague Carrie and this matter has now been resolved.

I have noted your comments both positive and negative and will discuss these further with our management team to ensure improvements are made.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope it does not deter you from using the Village Hotel Dudley again in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance please do let me know.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Only a £1.85 charge for your own money. Everything else is great lovely staff and pool . This isn’t a one off it’s been broken for at least 3 weeks and know one knows when fixed. Very annoying. Oh and the cash machine takes ages while you look at it beeping

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
PeterN4308, General Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear corinnedeeley5680,

Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor, I'm glad you generally enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have problems at present with our card machines, but only in the Pub, it appears we have an issue with our WiFi cabling which in truth has become a much bigger task than anticipated, however all residents can charge to their rooms and I am hoping to have this resolved this week.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We are currently staying at this hotel as it is walking distance to Black Country museum , and I can not find fault . The rooms are clean comfy and the staff are very friendly and polite and always willing to help.The rooms have huge tv,WiFi ,fans,heaters,coffee machine, everything you need. I look forward to coming back to stay again in the future. :-))

Room Tip: Probably best to have room at back of hotel
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Eric7468,

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for business with colleague. Rooms are well presented. The pool area is dirty. Young man spat on the floor in the steam room, disgusting, I had to leave. Needs pool etiquette signs everywhere for those who have no sense!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
PeterN4308, General Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear AkC666,

I will be reviewing your comments further with the Leisure Management Team as the behaviour you have described falls well short of the desired etiquette levels and clearly I want to see an improvement on this.

If I can be of any further assistance please do let me know.

With Kind Regards,