All reviews wedding reception flat screen tv cleaning staff curry full english breakfast cinema venue
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the beaky blinder event at Black Country museum as travel lodge was fully booked and £60 more for the night. I saw the reviews and was really put off but as only one night kept the booking. There were slight improvements needed the window wouldn’t fully lock and as there was a wedding going on and we were on the ground floor we could hear the noise at night. The bed was clean and comfortable bathroom was clean and big TV for £55 on a popular evening we couldn’t complain. Very close to a range of restaurants and only 10/15 min walk to museum. The reception staff when we got there were not very welcoming but they seemed very busy with the wedding. Reception staff on check out were lovely.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018

we attended my brother's wedding at this hotel and the whole day was excellent. The food at the wedding breakfast in particular was delicious and the buffet was good too. The staff were all polite and helpful. I would recommend this as a wedding venue.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2018

HELL HOLE!! We styed here as were visiting family close by. How this is a hotel is beyond me, we had booked 2 nights and left after one could not bring ourselves to stay another night. The room was disgusting and pure filth. The carpet was rotten, could not walk around bare foot. The curtains were hanging off, literally. The shower curtain was brown and supposed to be white. There was no ceiling light just lamps dotted everywhere and 3 did not work! The room door barely locked, did not seem secure at all. Did not even attempt the breakfast as if the kitchen is as dirty as the bedrooms god help anyone who eats there. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Reception staff did not even ask why we checked out early too busy talking about what they were doing the night before, then later called to ask why they had our key - she couldn't remembered we had checked out! Wish I had of read the reviews before staying here. avoid at all cost.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Had my wedding here the 5th of July,,From start to finish the manager was fantastic where i did not have to worry about one thing,I had my cake delivered there ,i had a company decorate the room i had hotel catering which was great and plenty for all guests. I was given my room early on my wedding morning which was clean, tidy and fresh.The reception staff welcomed me lovely on the morning and when i went to reception room everything was lovely in place for my wedding.I would encourage people who of thinking of having a wedding here i would do so as it was a great fantastic day we met some lovely staff that were great through the whole day and the member of staff welcomed us in the room lovely after we got married on red carpet.This hotel look after you fantastic and make sure you have the day you want and planned without any hiccups at all from beginning to end.The manager/reception/bar staff/kitchen staff and even the cleaner of the morning were all lovely friendly people.My wedding morning leaving out in my dress the receptionist even made me feel lovely with her kind words it was great ,A lot of my family and friends booked a discounted room as part of the wedding party no one one had no problems if anything they all commented on how lovely the staff were and how looked after and how comfy rooms were.The bar prices were fantastic too.Thank you for my day staff and keep doing what you do as its great.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Zoe F
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Would not recommend this hotel.
We had a package booked for a night stay and an evening meal... we only hadn’t the night stay
First of all we was welcomed with a building which needed updating and a good clean.

The rooms are not what are described/ pictured on the internet - The bathroom shower curtain was dirty.

We was advised the restaurant would be open until 9.00pm for our evening meal, when we asked for information, we was then told the restaurant closed at 7.30pm (due to a wedding reception) so we was unable to have our evening meal which was included in the package.

I still haven’t received an email or phone call from the manager which I was told I would do today

Do not waste your money or time on this hotel

Date of stay: August 2018