All reviews wedding reception flat screen tv cleaning staff curry full english breakfast cinema venue
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Would not recommend this hotel.
We had a package booked for a night stay and an evening meal... we only hadn’t the night stay
First of all we was welcomed with a building which needed updating and a good clean.

The rooms are not what are described/ pictured on the internet - The bathroom shower curtain was dirty.

We was advised the restaurant would be open until 9.00pm for our evening meal, when we asked for information, we was then told the restaurant closed at 7.30pm (due to a wedding reception) so we was unable to have our evening meal which was included in the package.

I still haven’t received an email or phone call from the manager which I was told I would do today

Do not waste your money or time on this hotel

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Spent one night here and I’ve mixed thoughts on this hotel.
Hotel receptionist was very welcoming on arrival , very bubbly and pleasant.
The hotel is in great need of a make over, it’s looking tired, stained carpets and poor bathrooms.
One of our towels was badly stained and the mirror was nearly falling off the wall.
Need to invest in some new light bulbs in the restaurant, chandeliers with only one bulb alight is poor.
On the positive side the bed was clean and comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Was threatened by staff racially assulted . Left as i did not feel safe asked for a refund . Refused refund even though I did not stay.
Spoke to Vickie Forrest manager who was racist too.no customer service
No complaints policy.

Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank pioneerstate
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I was in Dudley for work. My company had chosen the hotel with a evening meal/bed and breakfast. The photos and menus online looked so inviting but when I got to the hotel I was greeted with a run down establishment. Arriving to my room down a narrow hall way My room was filthy !! Footprints in the bed. Dusty toilet, dirty/mudd on the walls, toothpaste all over the sink and a lot of hair everywhere, Dirty stained towels. I eventually complained and I had a shrugged apology from the manager although she did kindly change my room which was just as bad. This Bed had springs popping out of it and very uncomfortable although cleaner. The bathroom was filthy again with dirty towels again. I didn’t even want to eat there after seeing dirty hand prints all over their staff room door. I felt extremely uncomfortable and dirty. Would not stay again. For someone who has extreme ocd and anxiety it definitely wasn’t what I wanted after a 4hour train drive. I have attached two of photos from my experience. A good hotel is all about service, comfort and cleanliness and this needed a lot of improvement. Hope this review helps. It’s just my experience and opinions, others will find it different as everyone is different.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This is the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. The rooms are ok but in need of updating however the bathroom was a disaster. No hot water and the shower didn’t work so we were given another room only to find that the shower in the new room also wouldn’t work. We were running out of time as we had a table booked elsewhere so washed my hair in the sink and had miss having a shower/ bath. The bed linen was so dirty we couldn’t sleep under the duvet and I put a towel on the pillow so I could use it. Can’t comment on the food as we went out for our evening meal and got up and left early morning so missed the breakfast. The staff however were really friendly so no complaints there. Give this hotel a miss. Dirty old and not fit for purpose.

Room tip: Don’t stay there
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple