All reviewsthe black country museumwedding receptionflat screen tvcleaning staffcurryfull english breakfastcinemavenue
Reviewed 2 March 2018

This place should be investigated by trading standards. False representation. The photos are clearly very old as the whole place is run down and very shabby. I made a special request that my room be downstairs as I’m walking disabled. Not once did they make contact with me to say the place wasn’t accessible - stairs up to reception with no ramp. Just managed those stairs with great difficulty to be met by hostile and rude staff. Told my room was on the first floor and no lift and that they didn’t have my request on my booking yet I had it on my email. They couldn’t move my room to the ground floor Asked to see the manager and was told they were away for a week, asked to see whoever was in charge and was told no one was covering Hmmmmm. Needless to say we didn’t stay and then had to rush around to find somewhere else to stay. This place is in need of a major overhaul and serious staff training in hospitality and manners

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lou B
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Avoid avoid avoid. Nothing good about this place. Hear every passing waggon. All rooms are dated. And poor Internet connection. Would i pay to stay here never. Strong smell of cannabis in corridor. Girl. Staying here with work. Not by choice can't see many people staying by choice.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Stayed here whilst visiting the Blackcountry Museum so really handy and local (took about half hour to walk, with a pub on the way home to break the journey time). Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nice but we had to wait a long time for it as they were very short staffed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

One of the worst places I have ever stayed.

Dirty bathroom and bedroom
Bed was two singles of different height pushed together
Terrible breakfast - the sausages were uncooked inside
Rude staff - poor reception skills when I asked for help

I will never use Quality Hotels again!

1  Thank Gavin D
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

One night stay midweek, with colleagues.
Hotel is set off from the dual carriageway by 5o m or so.
Looks a little rundown
Staff were friendly
Bed Room was quiet and clean
Bathroom however was old and tending to mouldy.
Plenty of chain eateries in Castlegate across the road so didn’t use restaurant or bar.
It’s a cheap overnight stay let down by poor bathroom cleanliness.
Otherwise ok.