All reviewsthe black country museumwedding receptionflat screen tvcleaning staffcurryfull english breakfastcinemavenue
Reviewed 4 September 2017

After reading some of the reviews, I did not know what to expect !!!!.
We arrived on Saturday to see that a wedding reception was on, so we thought, to have your reception here it must be good.
We asked what time the reception finished and was told around 0100, but don't worry you will not hear it, and they were true, we went to the bar around 2100, had a couple of drinks and went to the room, not a single noise was heard.
The room, yes it is dated, but unlike your own home, you cannot update every couple of years, the bed was comfortable, tea/coffee, shower/bath for the price it was perfect, if you want to pay a lot more for the same, by all means do it.
Breakfast was good, if I could ask one thing, maybe you should be able to help yourself to the cooked side ?.
There was a lady at reception when I checked in around 1430, she asked me to fill in the arrival card, but stupid me forgot my glasses, so I could not see it properly, so I asked "I gather this is for my car reg? ",total blank, gather she was not in a good mood, I know we all get them, but she is at the front, and as they say," first impresions count" lucky for her they did not.
There is all you need within walking distance, perfect place to stop.
Would I stop there again, yes, no problem at all.

Room Tip: We had a room in the low 100,s so we had our car parked in the rear car park, right under our window
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark w
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Room was clean and tidy, mattress was soft. Down side was noisy road. Signs of wear and tear in hotel. Staff pleasant and friendly. Breakfast each morning was great. Well placed for our venue and nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: accessibility difficult with luggage due to stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Attended a wedding here just over a week ago. The whole day was lovely. The organisation of the day went well all due to the staff who were friendly and polite. The wedding meal was delicious and a good day was had by all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

While the hotel us in a busy main road it's an ideal location for a visit to the Black Country Living Museum (10 minutes walk away) and the Dudley Port station is. 30 minute walk away for a speedy train into Birmingham City Centre. The hotel was lovely and clean , staff were wonderful and the English breakfast was delicious. 5 minutes walk away are a couple of pubs, Macdonalds , KFC - this is a great place to stay for visiting the area. We have booked again for our Christmas shopping trip.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Stopped at this hotel for two nights as it is close to Black Country Museum ( 40s weekend). On arrival we were booked in all ok came down for a drink and to book dinner only to be told they had not got the staff for the bar or dining room ( no mention of this on booking in), the only place to eat is along a busy main road. During the night a argument in a room close by woke us up, I rang reception, after several minuets it was answered and when I explained the phone was slammed down on me. in the morning I complained to reception but nothing was done. On arriving home after the disastrous two days I wrote to the hotel group who said they would investigate. I did get a reply direct from the hotel but that was just a load of excuses and no real apology. I could say a lot more just do not use this hotel

Room Tip: Just don't stay in any room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends