All reviewsthe black country museumwedding receptionflat screen tvcleaning staffcurryfull english breakfastcinemavenue
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed for five nights. The room was comfortable and the bed was incredibly soft, although that was not a huge problem. The bath leaked but that could happen anywhere. One of the receptionists didn't make any eye contact and didn't come across as friendly, but that was probably due to diffidence. Breakfast was fine althought the toasters were completely naf! Guests who queued up to toast their bread (yes there really was a queue) usually lost patience and settled for warm bread. They also ran out of yoghurt. Nevertheless, we were happy with the Hotel and we will use it again. Maybe next time we will just brace ourselves for the frosty reception and bring our own toaster then it will be fine.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Hello Aaron L
Many thanks for the time taken in posting your review of your recent 5 night stay with us, great to here that overall your stay met, and in places, exceeded your expectations.

Next time you are looking to stay with us you can relax, we have replaced our toasters for breakfast service, and I'm sure our receptionist team will greet you warmly and welcome you back to the hotel........... generally they do not bear any grudges ;-).

We do hope that you will be back soon.

Have a good day.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Good points - clean; quality of food at breakfast was good; good value for money.
Bad points - bed wasn't comfortable (kept rolling into middle); would have been nice if receptionist had looked up at us when we walked in and a smile wouldn't have gone amiss; bathroom looked tired; rooms are very small although well furnished; even though breakfast was good quality it was strange that you couldn't help yourself even though it was laid out buffet style and the toasters have seen better days and we waited far too long for a fried egg which was then undercooked; a lot of noise from road outside. I would state again though that it was good value for money.

Room Tip: choose odd numbered rooms as they are at the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Hello Kerry M
Many thanks for taking the time and posting a review of your stay here recently at our hotel.

To hear that there were some good points from your stay including the breakfast, the overall cleanliness and what good value for money your stay was, mentioned twice, thankyou for that, indicates that we are providing standards of service that exceeds expectations.

For the other issues detailed the bed, tired bathrooms, size of bedrooms, the toasters and the egg, we always do whatever we can to address issues raised by guests.

The bathrooms are being put through a programme of refurbishing in 2013, new colour schemes fitments etc, we have replaced the toasters on the breakfast table, our bedrooms are similar in size to many other similar range hotels, the cooked breakfast hot plates are always served to our guests, however the cold meats, breakfast pastries, cereals, fruit juices, tea & coffee are self service with unlimited visits.

All in all we are a great value for money hotel.

I do hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed at the hotel for business. Arrived in the evening after travelling after work.
The receptionist was pleasant and was able to make a booking into the conservatory restaurant for that evening.
I arrived in my room to drop my bags before dinner and was surprised as the room didn't look anything like the rooms I had seen pictures of on the website.
The room seemed clean but was in need of some new furnishings and maybe a paint job.

Arrived in the conservatory restaurant for dinner with two colleagues and was met by a lovely waitress which was attentive but seemed rushed off her feet.
The restaurant and bar area was very busy and she managed well.

The restaurant had several dinner offers, such as two courses for £10.
The food was pleasant and seemed to take a while to come, I wasn't precious about waiting as I appreciated they were busy and clearly the food was being cooked rather than heated in a microwave.

The hotel booking came with breakfast so the next morning I headed to the conservatory restaurant again.
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of options and the fact there was no tea available just a flask of coffee. I asked the waitress for some tea and she asked if I had tea bags, I presume she was just going to fetch me hot water - Very strange!!

Word of warning if you are staying in a double room as a single occupant lay any spare towels on the bathroom floor when you have a shower as even with the shower curtain inside the bath, this makes no difference to keeping water off of the bathroom floor as the bath actually leaked itself.

If I had to stay in the area again I probably wouldn't choose to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear Gemma 86
Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay with us, I do hope that you consider our hotel again should you be in the area with your work.

We are constantly striving to improve our facilities here at the hotel, our bedrooms are going through a programme of freshening up of their decor, the co-ordinated linen, and their general appearance. Our images on line are a representation a number of our bedrooms that we have, but all others are neutrally decorated, having ensuite facilities, & cleaned daily.

I will investigate the comments made about the breakfast service, we want all our guests to receive a standard of service that exceeds their expectations and that's from the start of the day through to the end.

Many thanks for your review and should you consider coming back to our hotel please let me know and I will handle your reservation personally.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I call the Quality Hotel Dudley “my second home”. I have been staying on five different occasions and two more will be added shortly before I move to the area. Now I have to say I never put any high expectations at a place from the beginning, if you do that you only end up in disappointment, and I’m a person who doesn’t need utter luxury when staying somewhere. All I expect from a hotel is a clean bed for the night, a clean bathroom, a good breakfast and friendly staff.
My expectations were always exceeded. Apart from my basic expectations, I had the most excellent and outstanding service from the staff, especially the ladies at reception. Over time, I had decided to check whether the area might be a place to move to and I got so much helpful advice from the ladies it was absolutely amazing and I cannot thank them enough.
I was always happy with the breakfast, the rooms, the cleaning staff greeted back when I said hello or good morning (which I would do if I was working there) and my son (8) who was with me on one occasion and will be with me again loved the place, too. It’s a perfect location for visiting Dudley.
There was one little occasion when I stayed with my son when we had to raise an issue about the room, but we were swiftly moved to another one without hesitation and without any problems or big fuss. Therefore, I will not deduct any stars or points from my rating.
I would always recommend the Quality Hotel Dudley to my friends and family if they come to visit Dudley.
One word to all visitors: If you come, treat all people like you would like to be treated, treat the rooms as if it was your own (or are you treating your own place as badly as you would treat a hotel room?), no need to leave it extra messy or with the thought of oh well the staff will fix it. If there are things to report please do report them to the staff rather than just putting a bad review on here saying they didn’t do anything about it, because I am sure the people would get out of their way to sort out your problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Nick W, Guest Relations Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear EA Wallace -
Many thanks for taking the time in posting a review of your stays with us at our hotel recently, its great to hear that you have had enjoyable stays with us and received a standard of service that has exceeded your expectations.

We do have a friendly and helpful Front of House team, our Food and Beverage staff will always do their best in providing a standard of service that exceeds guests expectations, and we do not have many service issues or problems reported when compared with the amount of guests that stay at the hotel on a weekly basis.

The staff and myself hope that when you have settled in to your new home local to us that we can welcome you back to the hotel for one of our great deals in our Conservatory Restaurant with your friends and family members.

Many thanks

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Quite possibly the worst hotel I've stayed in this year. Dripping taps, door locks that don't work, towels that I wouldn't use as rags and people smoking in rooms that are non-smoking; all combine to offer a truly memorable experience, for all the wrong reasons. Avoid unless desperate!
Food was definitely below par, service is slow and without any of the warmth or friendliness that this area is famous for.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Silversmile - Many thanks for taking the time in posting a review of your recent stay with us and please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet with your expectations.

When our guests have a less than satisfactory stay with us, we are all disappointed when a review is posted of the issues.

We are all determined and committed though that we improve in areas wherever we can; our on-site maintenance manager will be rectifying the dripping tap/s and door lock highlighted that were a problem for your specific room, please be assured that these are not common problems for our bedrooms.

To confirm that the hotel is a fully non-smoking hotel, we instruct guests of this rule upon check in, its on our website and should any guest be found to be flagrantly breaking these rules they are charged extra costs for the additional cleaning the room upon or after their check out.

It can be difficult rule to monitor and to police though, and we generally only find out when the guests have checked out.

Our linen provider for the hotel bedrooms is a reputable supplier for a number of hotels in the area and not just ours, each bedroom receives clean and fresh linen upon check in if the guest is not happy with the quality or quantity then we would supply additional linen from our stock.

We have no record logged of your complaint in respect to unsuitable towels etc and I have requested further information from you so we can restore your confidence in our standards and services offered.

I am awaiting your response.