All reviewsthe black country museumwedding receptionflat screen tvcleaning staffcurryfull english breakfastcinemavenue
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is our 2nd visit to this hotel,and some of the standards have slipped since our first visit, however, we found all the staff approchable and they could not do enough to help. For our mums 80th birthday the staff could not have been more helpful in trying to make our event a success. Thankyou to all the staff, as we all enjoyed our stay and the event was a complete success and enjoyed by us all.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Where do I start? I was due to stay for 2 nights whilst on a business trip, however I checked out after 1 night. I even phoned other hotels nearby on my first night to see if I could get a room as I didn’t even want to stay there that night. I asked to move rooms but after seeing the other 2 rooms they offered me, I realised they were all the same.

The walls were covered in damp and the wallpaper was peeling off. Everywhere was absolutely covered in dust and all of the furniture was wobbly and at an angle where it was so old. I drew the curtains and got covered in a cloud of dust when one of them proceeded to fall down. As I climbed up to reattach it, I could see why it had fallen down … they had attempted to hang it up with sellotape! There were lipstick marks on the cups/glasses provided and the kettle did not work. There was mould and stains all-over the bathroom, and the mirrors were covered in fingerprints. There were leaks in the shower and around the taps on the bath so that when I had I shower; the bathroom floor flooded so much they had to bring me 10 extra towels without even an apology or explanation (they knocked on my door and when I opened it, the towels were left outside without anyone to be seen nearby).
I ordered a "gourmet cheeseburger" from room service which turned out to be a micro-waved burger in a McDonald’s bun with a bright orange cheese-slice slapped on top. When I picked it up, grease literally dripped out onto the plate and covered the uncooked and rock-hard "homemade chunky chips" ... I proceeded to get a refund and walked over to Tesco’s to buy some dinner.
The very kindly left a comment card for me to fill in when I checked out, which I proceeded to do stating all of the above. I also emailed the manager of the hotel using the email address on the card - I have not heard anything since and that was a month ago.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynsey H
Reviewed 28 September 2011

At the beginning of this year my family and I had a Birthday party for my father. The Quality hotel was a wonderful place the staff were very helpful and accomadting to our needs. The food was delicious, we had a carribbean buffet. It was kept in the annex room which was really convenient to get to and provided extra room in the main party room, which was great as we had kids at the party and a full house. The layout of the room was lovely and I liked the lighting, very nice. The hotels events co-ordinator was fantastic she went above and beyond to make our night a special one. As we hadnt organised a party before she helped us with information on room decorations and dj's, it was not just a rent a room service and the rest is in your hands she helped us from start to end. I would fully recommend having a party here, being apart of a hotel also means that no one has to travel home that night which was great for our party as we had guest who had travelled far to attend. Thankyou Quality Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Felicity C
JennyCornwell, Front Office Manager at The Quality Hotel Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor
Firstly thank you for all your lovely comments, I have passed these onto Terri & shayley our meetings and event’s organisers who were really happy they had been able to help.
I’m glad you had a good time at the party, from what i remember your farther did too!!
Hopefully look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Excellent room which had been refurbished along with most of the others in the hotel.
Very friendly staff and plenty of parking spaces.
The infirm may have problems as there is no lift.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room when booking
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hird1

Thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our newly refurbished rooms, staff & parking.
I’m glad you enjoyed the room we have spent a lot of time getting all of our rooms touched up and is an ongoing task to get all of them fully refurbished.
We don’t have a lift as you mentioned although we do have disabled access throughout the majority of the hotel, and is something we are looking to further improve.
I Hope we can welcome you back soon

Reviewed 20 September 2011

i'd like to give a special thanks to all at the Quality. For making our day even more so special than it already was. From our initial enquiry to check out the day after the wedding, my husband and i received a level of exceptional service from start to finish. With such a lovely venue, clean comfy rooms, wonderful full english along with staff that can not do enough to make your stay the best. Our friends still comment on how perfect our day was. So on behalf of our family, dearest friends and especially from us, Thank You Quality for making our day truly memorable. Mr & Mrs Morton.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank MrsMorton23

Thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor
Thank you for your lovely comments.
I’m really happy that we were able to contribute in making your day so special; it was a privilege to be able to be part of such a fantastic day. I have passed on your comments to all the staff involved.
I trust you both had a fantastic honeymoon and I anticipate that one day we can celebrate your golden wedding anniversary with you until then once again please accept our congratulations and we will look forward to hopefully welcoming you both back again soon.