“Great breakfasts and such friendly service”

Hungry Horse Castle View
Ranked #36 of 170 Restaurants in Dudley
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visit this pub every couple of weeks for a networking event and the staff couldn’t be more friendly. On top of that the breakfasts are fabulous Was particularly chuffed to find an electric charging point for my car on the car park so will make a point of grabbing a coffee as a pit stop!

Edel C, General Manager at Hungry Horse Castle View, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review this means a lot to me and my team and we hope that you continue to please lovely guests like you.

See you soon

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Chicken tikka masala was vile, rice had hard lumps in it and the poppadom was soft. There was no mango chutney. Served luke warm. My meal was served and my friends were left waiting for theirs even though we ordered at the same time. After about 10 minutes a lovely member of staff (man in black shirt) came over to us. I hadn't really eaten my meal, only the chicken pieces. Asked where other meals were? The meals were chased up and I was offered an alternative. Had a drink and dessert.

Very disappointed to see this review, I will feed back your comments regarding the curry.

I am glad a member of staff rectified your meal and looked after you.

Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My two daughters and I went for lunch yesterday after 10 pin bowling. The place was very busy - only two tables available. We were told that there would be a wait of approx. half hour for food which was fine - and they were spot on with their timing. Food was brilliant. Both my girls had the New Yorker and I had veggie fish and chips. Very tasty. The lady that served us was very attentive and pleasant. Will definitely return.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am delighted you had a great visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love Edel x

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is the 2nd time of eating here. The first time was last year for a family birthday. It was extremely busy and we waited an hour for food to come out. We accepted this as there was a large groups of us. However our food came out in drabs not all eating at same time. The food was cold and a few of our orders were wrong.
We have gone back tonight as a married couple to see if it has improved as it’s now been open for some time now. We didn’t book so we were prepared to wait as it’s bank hol. The lady asked us to order some drinks and grab a seat and she’ll be with us shortly. About 15 mins later she came back and asked if we were waiting for a seat.
We finally sat and ordered food took about 20 mins and my husbands chicken was stone cold as well as his corn on cob. Nobody came back during our meal to see if we were ok.
When the waitress came to collect our plates she asked if everything was ok. I explained that we wasn’t happy and she said “oh I’m sorry you should have come and got me” granted we should have done but I didn’t fancy walking around the pub looking for a waitress! I said this is our 2nd visit and won’t be returning again. Not happy at all. Not sure if it’s the cook or the lack of staff or both. I would not reccomend this place to eat at all.

Edel C, General Manager at Hungry Horse Castle View, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello,

I think I was the person who seated you yesterday, I am sorry that your food was cold I would have happily replaced it for you had you mentioned it, we appreciate feedback on the day, yesterday was an extremely busy day and we had no complaints so I am disheartened to see this review as I would have happily rectified it straight away for you.

I wish you all the best

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The title says it all, average food, but to me for the price you pay this is what you should expect, 2 meals for a £10. Comfortable seating, plenty of parking, but we did go mid week. Friendly staff.

Look forward to seeing you again