“Wonderful find”

The Sun Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 212 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: USD 54 - USD 85
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I found this place by looking on Trip advisor.
We met my nephew, who has lived just around the corner from The Sun Cafe for 4 years, but didn’t know it exsisted. We went to The Sun pub first, by mistake and were directed here, just down an alley, by a lovely staff member, who said it happens all the time.
The food and staff were excellent.
I didn’t realise I could have the chicken without cream, until after I had eaten, so opted for pizza, which was excellent and brought from across the street.
My partner had Sea Bass and he said it was absolutely delicious. The starters were excellent too.
They are in the process of changing food and drink to Italian.
I tried Italian Cider and it was really nice.
My partner had a cheese board of Italian cheeses, which was also excellent.

1  Thank Theresa B

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The best cafes are always tucked out of the way. Excellent full English breakfast with avocado on the side. made with good quality ingredients with lovely quality tea

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Every time I go to the Sun Café I ask myself why I don't go more often! The food is delicious, well presented and inventive. Service is efficient and attentive but not overbearing. Tonight I had the potato cake to start followed by the duck, which was cooked to perfection. My companion had the sea bream starter which was amazing. The accompanying bottle of Primitivo went down very well also. Must make an effort to come back soon!

2  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Tucked down a little back Street is this absolute gem of a place, food is gorgeous and refreshingly made an authentic Italian and Sicilian chefs.
Service is wonderful you will feel like your abroad, attention to detail such as the little homemade biscuits that go with the knockout coffee put this little diamond above the rest.
Best ever

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Excellent service and food. Leo head waiter has a great friendly approach and extremely helpful and the chef is Italian himself. They will happily prepare things to order if you don’t see quite what you like on the menu. Reasonably priced.