“Excellent fish and chips”
Review of Hodgson's Chippy

Hodgson's Chippy
Ranked #44 of 209 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Don't eat a lot of fish and chips as usually disappointed in the quality but this place was recommended to us despite there being a closer fish and chip shop. We were not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed our takeaway.

You can choose to have fish with healthier light batter but even the standard cod batter wasn't fatty/greasy. Chips too were good quality and non greasy.

Quick service. Friendly efficient staff. Prices reasonable too. £4 for cod and £1.75 for a standard portion of chips which was adequate for 2 of us who don't have huge appetites. They also serve plaice as a special.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

You won’t beat Hodgsons for fish and chips locally. It’s quite clear why they have won awards and the staff are as great as the food!

1  Thank TheSpookyfish
Hodgson's C, Owner at Hodgson's Chippy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your great review...
So pleased you visited us and enjoyed the food.
We too think our team are great!

Have an amazing day.

Best regards

Nigel H

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Called in here as the place close to me is shut for 2 weeks and I knew Hodgsons has won awards. Was only a snack for me and my dad so ordered chips and gravy x 2. Did not expect to pay £4.90 for two lots of chips and a bit of gravy. Portion was perhaps a bit bigger than I get at my local but will be sticking to what I know for the future. Cant comment about the fish as we did nt sample it dread to think of the price. Service was adequate enough. Judge it for yourselves.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend hodgson's chippy, fantastic fish & chips. Always busy which is a good sign.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I stop once a week to get Fish and Chips to bring home or even have them in the car in Williamson park, just consistantly good.