“Really good food”

Price range: USD 13 - USD 45
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located right in the centre of Lancaster, Toll House Inn is a top quality bar and restaurant. We serve hearty, home-cooked food, ranging from sandwiches to steaks, as well as our locally sourced specials - all best paired with one of our quality cask ales.
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Came for the first time last week and really enjoyed the food. Our starters were really tasty and we both ordered a roast dinner which was equally as good. Will be coming again soon.

Joe R, General Manager at Toll House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thanks for the review Beth! Our Sunday roasts are always very popular but it's always nice to get some good feedback.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Lovely lunch served in a relaxed friendly environment. We were staying at the hotel/Inn and decided to try lunch there rather than searching elsewhere in Lancaster and we were so glad we did. It was perfect, the atmosphere was great, it was very clean and I just wished I lived neared as I would love to be able to eat their on a regular basis.

Hi Craig,

Glad you enjoyed your stay and your meal with us. Hopefully we will see you again next time you're visiting Lancaster.

regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Have a walked into a breakfast area of any hotel in the world and sat waiting for someone to come and ask if I wanted to order tea or coffee or any cooked food
I know I should have waved arms or gone and asked someone but it’s such a simple thing for the staff to notice
Luckily there was one croissant that I ate on a napkin whilst reading the cooked menu !!

2  Thank J2855DYNick

Unfortunately this review just doesn't reflect the facts. You were asked on two occasions by two different staff members if you were ready to order, and you told them that you weren't. You then caused an almighty ruckus in front of other customers and used the threat of a negative Trip Advisor review as an attempt to get a discount off your bill. Even the other guests waiting to checkout couldn't believe how rude you had been. It was a very disappointing experience for all the staff, who take great pride in their jobs. Thankfully though it is not an occurrence that has happened before or since.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

My brothers and I were impressed by the good ale and great food here, served with an authentic welcome in light and airy surroundings. The best gammon steak I have ever had, literally. I wish this Inn were in my town!

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the positive feedback, glad you both had a pleasant lunch with us. There are other Thwaites Inns up and down the country so it's worth checking out our website for the nearest one to you. And of course we hope to welcome you back here again next time you are up this way.

best regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We have eaten at the Toll house on a few occasions before and always enjoyed it, when trying to book our usual favourite restaurant in Lancaster very late in the day for valentines night (yes I forgot to book earlier, what a terrible boyfriend) I was left disappointed. In a blind panic I thought about other good places we had eaten and so tried booking the Toll House, luckily we snook in and I am sooooo glad we did. We both had the scallops to start, absolutely superb! We then had the chateaubriand to share for main, cooked EXACTLY as we had asked, sounds simple but rarely happens. Croissant and butter pudding to finish with creme anglaise. All washed down with a silky smooth Rioja reserva! We have already raved about it to all our family and friends and we will certainly be visiting much more often from now on.

Hello James and Michelle,

Thanks for such a glowing review! We are thrilled that you had such a nice Valentines with us.

Regards,