“Lovely Evening Meal”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 24
Cuisines: Deli, British, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Water Witch was originally converted from purpose built stables in 1978 and offers a large range of high quality dishes ranging from Great British classics to continental cuisine. Our Head Chef sources all of our produce wherever possible from local British suppliers, enabling us to reduce our food miles and serve you the very best of what's in season. Whether you're visiting to sample our superb array of drinks, dine in our restaurant or combining a little of both - you're always guaranteed a warm welcome at the Water Witch.
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We went to the Water Witch on Sunday night for tea. My other half had the fish burger and I had Fish and Chips.

The food was really nice and with drinks came to about £20.

My only criticism would be that the mushy peas with my fish and chips were a bit dry but everything else was lovely.

MitchellsofLanc, Manager at The Water Witch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Hi There

Many thanks for your review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your food, however I have fed back the issue with the peas to our kitchen team

cheers

Simon and all the team

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is nice inside and out but is very overpriced, like many pubs now it does not feel relaxed and is expensive to eat there, very limited seating inside for just a drink as most of the area is reserved for food. I'd recommend for a drink outside but wouldn't eat there again as I only get paid once a month! ;-)

MitchellsofLanc, General Manager at The Water Witch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Hi There

Thanks for your review. We welcome both drinkers and diners alike, however we do serve food throughout our pub.

With regards our pricing, I take on board your comment, however we feel we are well placed in the market in Lancaster alongside our direct competitors.

Hope to see you again soon

Regards

Simon

Reviewed 13 September 2016

lovely spot to sit on Canal with a cheeseboard and wine, food is very good and the location is great just on the edge of the city. Nice building and friendly staff

Hi

Thanks for your review and for complementing our food and location

Much appreciated!!

Simon Morrissey

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I had eaten out many times on my holiday and in fact I was getting a bit sick of the usual pub food as everyone else seemed to serve the same thing. So when I saw the scotch egg platter I though ooh that looks nice. It was lovely so filling and tasty I could eat it now again as I write this review, my other half had the fish and chips and he said the same food was lovely. After our lunch we sat outside on the canal side enjoyed a glass of wine in the sun perfect end to a perfect meal

2  Thank chynagirl1
MitchellsofLanc, General Manager at The Water Witch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thanks for your review, and for complementing our food.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit!

Simon and the Team

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

I visited the water witch on the 2nd of September and had a platter. I firstly have to say the food was very good however the amount which I received for £19 was miserly, on top of that the staff were more interested in talking to each other than trying to help us.
Maybe it was a bad day at the office for them as a whole, it was a shame because I really wanted to like the place

1  Thank ChrisFarrell75
MitchellsofLanc, General Manager at The Water Witch, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Hi There

Thanks for your review, however I do have concerns about some of the claims you make.

Can you give me a call at the Waterwitch to discuss?

Simon Morrissey