“consistently great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2017

went for late Sunday lunch- the food was excellently presented and of a great standard- it was a little quiet but I put that down to the time that we were actually dining.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

a group of friends and I (12 in total) went here for lunch.
The food and atmosphere were very good, but the occassion was spoilt by the manager who could not get the bill right despite several attempt.
All but 1 of us had the set 2 course lunch but we were being charged for 3 courses!
Please check you bill carefully and the amount being entered into the card machine.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to Bellagio as we thought we’d at least give it another go after a bad experience the first time. That time we were celebrating a friends birthday but waited over an hour for cocktails, then were served the wrong drinks.

This time we were a group of 5 and booked last minute on a Saturday (should have been a bad sign!). We were given menus on arrival but it then took 45 mins for anyone to take our drinks order. When I asked about ordering food at the same time, I was told that the manager would do that. That meant another wait of 30 minutes. We were then given a small bowl of olives and waited about 45 mins for starters. They arrived singly with a long wait for bruscetta that ended up coming burnt. My friend started eating it and 5 mins later the manager comes and takes it away, handing her a new, fresh bruschetta. I order more drinks but they never appear. So I ask the waiter and he rushes off to get them. It’s not busy at the resto but dishes get left at table long after we finish eating. Mains arrive and my partner is bitterly disappointed with the pizza (he loves good pizza) and my veal arrives with a few sprigs of rocket and three cherry tomato halves.

The food on the whole is good but far too expensive. When we asked for the bill we were given the wrong one!!

Staff seem completely out of their depth with the manager and dep manager bossing them around constantly.

Find it odd that there are so many good reviews- maybe we’ve just had two bad experiences

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Until about 6 months ago, we were frequent diners at Bellagio. We had recommended the restaurant to friends, having enjoyed many evenings there. Then, on what was a very busy night for the staff, we were somewhat disappointed. However, we put that down to the catering equivalent of a bad day at the office Today, we returned for the first time since that disappointing evening. Sadly, our evening ended with our being forced to complain and walking out.
We were given a warm welcome and promptly served drinks and provided with menus. My partner chose calimari and I chose grilled sardines as starters. The calimari was "OK". My sardines were two sad looking fillets (the first time I have ever had grilled filleted sardines). The taste that stayed with me was of oil and none of that lovely strong sardine taste that comes with a plate of grilled sardines.
Our main courses followed with considerable rapidity. My partner's pizza was one of the most unattractively presented plates of food I have ever seen presented. It was lumpy, uneven and in her words "tasteless". She was offered some pepper by the waiter. My sea bass looked tired, as if it had been cooked for some time before being put on a plate. It wasn't inedible, but I have cooked much better sea bass at home. I ordered sides of french fries and spinach. The spinach was cold and served in a cold dish. The fries looked and tasted like frozen french fries, I don't know whether they were, but that was my impression.. We left and certainly will not be returning - a pity as it was once a great place to eat in the town.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

There were 12 of us for lunch yet the service was thorough and efficient. The food was most enjoyable, chosen from the inclusive lunch menu. Accoustics make for a noisy time, reminiscent of the lively Italian restaurants in London.