“A sad loss for Leamington”
Review of Blueberry Hill Patisserie - CLOSED

Blueberry Hill Patisserie
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2014

I can't believe this lovely place has closed down, where am I now going to find my weekly carrot cake fix. I'm in shock........

Nina-Sarah, Owner at Blueberry Hill Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, we have indeed closed our Chandos Street Cafe, but you can still buy our cakes and Patiserie from us at Stratford, Moseley and Kings Norton Farmers Markets, or order from our Bakery on the Fosse Way. (01926 651825)
We would like to thank you and all of our customers for their support over the last three years.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We've been in twice - once for lunch and then also for afternoon tea. The toasted(ish) sandwich and Homity Pie we had were pretty good, but the small salad was drowned with unsuitable dressing. Service was quick (there was no queue). Worth noting they don't have any ice for soft drinks, which just seems odd.
For a tea time treat we went in - my wife had millefeuille after being told it was a cream layer - it wasn't, it was the more traditional sweetened mix and was too thick. My scone was ok, nothing noteworthy. Tea was good, a nice blend and served with loose leaves in the pot and a tea sieve.
Service happened in waves - there were 4 girls behind the small counter and not one would come up and clear a table when someone left - they would generally come up in a group and clear all the dirty tables in one go. What they do the rest of the time I don't know.
It's ok on the whole but I cant help but think the place could be an awful lot better.

2  Thank jonbsbd
Reviewed 13 September 2014

I've been a regular customer since the patisserie opened, but after a very bad experience, despite the temptation of wonderful cakes, will not be going back, due to incredibly rude service.
Ordered some, as ever, wonderful cake, and as it was crowded downstairs wanted to sit upstairs to relax and not have to overhear what was a very personal chat on the only free table downstairs. I went upstairs and made myself comfortable, to be told after a few minutes that the upstairs wasn't open due to lack of custom. There was no one else sitting upstairs but only one free table downstairs, v close to the next table, and as the point of going into the patisserie was a relaxing treat, wanted to relax and enjoy the amazing cake, I queried this, to be told that they were not busy enough to justify opening upstairs (which was not sectioned off), got the feeling that the staff didn't want the hassle of going upstairs to clear one table. When I queried this my cutlery was banged onto the table rather than handed to me. It's a shame the service is so variable, as the cakes are so amazing. I've noted that the service is far better when the owners are in, which makes me wonder whether they are aware of this.

4  Thank reilloce
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Visited late afternoon, only customers and received a terse welcome!! Clean and smart looking little tearoom, with wide selection of cakes and coffees but limited number of teas. Very large portions of Victoria Sponge and Lemon Cake, both a little heavy and the latter lacked zing so was bland. Coffee was also weak. But overall quite good, will probably retry maybe earlier in the day but Leamington does have a choice of good quality tea rooms so maybe not!

1  Thank j w
Nina-Sarah, Owner at Blueberry Hill Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we take our customer service very seriously and I am sorry that you were not greeted as a valued customer.
Our cakes are made fresh in our own bakery and we keep a very close eye on the quality of these, so your feedback is welcome. We use butter, not margarine in all our recipes, which may make them seem "heavier " than the usual shop bought sponge. The lemon cake as you say should have been "Zingy", which it usuallyis, so we will certainly take a look at that.
We use a delicious coffee from our friends at James Gormet in Ross on Wye, but we understand that everyone has different tastes, therefore we are happy to make your coffee to
your liking, should you wish to return.
Kind Regards NIna

Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

This is a great business. Sarah recently designed, produced and delivered our wedding cake. It was great value for money and drew a lot of compliments from our guests.

This is not our only dealing with this business - their quality is always high and customer service paramount.

If you are looking for a wedding cake - look no further. If you go to Sarah, you are in very safe hands!

1  Thank Andrew P