“Fantastic location , close to everything.”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful canal side building houses this 2 bedroom apartment View from the lounge window
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful canal side building houses this 2 bedroom apartment
View from the lounge window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
KathyC346...
“Fantastic location , close to everything.”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed there for a week. It was perfect. Everything we required was available. Coffee shops and Grocery just around the corner. Highly recommended.

SimonLoft...
La Paz, Mexico
“Great Location and Views - Needs a little TLC”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The owner was easy to deal with when booking. We stayed for 2 weeks to give us a base while relocating back to the country, and it was ideal for that.

Only 5 minutes walk along the canal to the train station.

15 minutes easy walk into town and a skip and a jump to the local coop supermarket.

Also there is a fantastic coffee shop and bar on the other side of the canal (secret entrance into the bar is through the SMEG Fridge!!).

The bedrooms are large and the views from the living room onto the canal are superb.

Great internet and Satellite TV are a plus too.

Now for the downsides that need owner attention:
Bathroom Locks don't work (neither)
Blinds in guest bath were broken and tied up (I restrung them myself as the privacy was important given that the window is easily overlooked)
Only 2 dining chairs (yet a 2 bed place)
Pots and Pans need replacing and many plates were chipped.
All the curtains need fixing up (coming off their rings, and too high to do ourselves given the high ceilings)
No Oven gloves at all
Oven itself needs repairing, fan mode makes a very loud noise
Guest Bedroom radiator missing thermostat, so always on full

A few other minor details too. I emailed the owner and he tells me that he did reply but I can't see any reply in my inbox nor via the Holiday Lettings system.

Assuming the owner, who seems like a nice guy but just busy, fixes these things I would strongly recommend this property. The price is great, and even with the above we really enjoyed our stay.

Parking was also a bit of a pain, although always "nearby" it isn't guaranteed and often meant parking a street away.

Thanks Adrian, and hope that you can take care of the details. It just needs a little TLC.

Management Response
14 Jun 2017
Hi Simon, thank you for taking the time to give me this important feedback. I have contacted technical support regarding the reply you haven't received. I can confirm I spent a day with my handyman fixing and replacing the items you mention just after you left. Prior to your arrival I had back to back bookings so whilst it is no excuse that is the reason you found a few things to be lacking. I hope you settle well in the UK. Kind regards, Adrian
Dream6437...
“Good central position for us to get to and from the National Bowls Finals”
Reviewed 7 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I only have minor comments regarding the apartment :-

1. A non slip mat for the bath would be useful
2. A clocking the living area
3.information regarding rubbish disposal is needed if staying longer than a week.
4. The toilet seat requires attention.

These are all minor but have been overlooked.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Graham V
“Could be great, but isn't”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Could be a great apartment, but it really needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. Cobwebs all over the ceiling and tops of the walls. The skirtings are in desperate need of being washed with a wet cloth and disinfectant. The mattresses are cheap and thin. Generally the whole place needs to be cleaned and could do with some redecoration. Handy for town, about a 15 minute walk. It served a purpose, but we wouldn't book again or recommend it to anyone.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
13 Apr 2016
Hi Graham,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm really sorry that you had a poor experience during your stay. This apartment has high ceilings so cobwebs may form in areas outside of the cleaners reach. I will ensure she has the necessary equipment to deal with this going forward and will also replace the mattresses if they are past their best. The apartment was re-decorated just over 6 months ago, some areas do get knocked by suitcases arriving and leaving but generally I feel the apartment is in good decorative order. I appreciate your feedback and will take action based on it.

Regards,

Adrian
Reviewed 9 January 2016 for a stay in October 2015

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing