All reviews gift voucher afternoon tea four poster bed birthday party town centre full english both mornings lovely room short break stayed for one night venue
Reviewed 12 October 2018

We recently stayed at this hotel, I purchased a voucher from buyagift.com for a two night deluxe stay, with included breakfasts. We chose this hotel as it was close to Stratford On Avon and Shakespeare country, and also because it was dog friendly. On arrival the car park had plenty of spaces, so parking was not a problem, however, we were charged £5 per night to park in the hotels car park. Very friendly reception staff, we were given our room key and when in the room, we started to see why some previous reviews had been so poor.
The room was tired and worn, a very unusual set up with the toilet/shower, very cramped and not at all clean. The toilet bowl had excreta around the rim, that my wife cleaned with the brush herself, the shower had mould all around the joints. The toilet would not flush properly and the noises were extremely loud from the pipes. The small sink was useless, as it splashed everywhere when trying to use it. The whole area was not clean.
The bedroom carpet was dirty and frayed around the edges, and the the whole room was quite grubby. The room was directly above the outside sitting area and main road, and the noise was awful from the traffic. No double glazing and badly fitting windows. At night there was smoke drifting into our bedroom from the smokers in the outside area, loud noises and traffic even at 2am in the morning. It was very noisy and hard to get to sleep. There were coffee and tea maki g facilities in the room, but because the tap in the bathroom sink was so small, you could not get the kettle under it and had to fill the kettle using a cup!
The first morning breakfast was a serve yourself style, and the layout was ok, plenty to choose from. The cooked breakfast part was reasonable but there were a few things that were not ok. The heated containers holding the traditional English breakfast items, were causing the food inside to be over cooked and not very tasty, and the scrambled egg container had turned an off colour due to being constantly heated.
The one and only positive part of our experience at the Episode hotel was the staff! You can not fault the staff at this hotel, very friendly, helpful and polite, and if the facilities and services were up to the standard of the staff, then this would be a good hotel, but unfortunately at the moment it isn’t. I feel that we did not get the “deluxe” break that I paid for, and will be seeking compensation from the providers, as this clearly was not even a “Standard room” let alone Deluxe!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Tom B, Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

HI Mike, thanks for your review. I apologise for the experience you had. I will forward this to the correct departments and address these issues internally.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I came here with my family who were visiting me from Scotland and wow I cannot believe the hospitality we were given! The lady Nadene was so welcoming and lovely and went out of her way to make our day hilarious and great. Bar staff were lovely too and the food was amazing. Will defoz be back! Maybe even for an overnight!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Tom B, Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, thanks for such a great review! See you soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We resently had a wedding celebration at the hotel. I was nervous as it was such a big occaision that someting wouldn't go as I expected...Wow, it far exceeded my expectations. Vicky Smith in Events was amazing. So helpful and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble and the room looked stunning.

My family and friends were looked after so well and their special requirements were all met and catered for with regards to the accomodation and food. She helped me in chosing the food for the menu working around various allergies and intolerancies ...perfect choice, and delicious

Thank you so much Vicky for making this special day so special

Room Tip: Speak to Vicky Smith as she accomodated us perfectly
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Tom B, Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there, thanks alot for you great feedback! Vickie does what she does well for sure!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Had a two nights stay with friends and two dogs. Friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble to make our stay comfortable. Nice room. Lovely food at reasonable prices. Nice outside garden. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Superior rooms available
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Tom B, Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there, thanks for your review! We love dogs here theyre always welcome. See you again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2018

We recently stayed here for 2 nights, we weren't happy with the room we were given the first night but managed to get moved to a superior room for the 2nd night ( I believe most of the rooms are being renovated). Breakfast was fine, the usual choices for a cooked breakfast plus cold ham and smoked salmon, yoghurt and fresh fruit. I was also given the choice of white or brown gluten free bread on request. The real plus for this hotel is the staff, everyone we met was helpful pleasant and friendly, I would recommend lthis hotel for a short stay in Leamnton Spa

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Tom B, Manager at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there, thanks alot for you review! Glad you got into a room you're happy with!